Solly Bomb Bombs & Messam Released

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Both ex=CFL guys cut from their NFL rosters.

Winnipeg should be looking into acquiring both of them, especially in the aftermath of today's blood-letting of their head coach.

Messam is a baller, a monster with good speed. Bombers don't really have a canuck RB, other than greenheads like Volny, Pontiabrian, James Green, etc.

Eliminian (Solly Bomb Bombs) instantly upgrades the bomber defense, and allows Mumboa to learn from a pro.

Of course, if the bombers chose to continue playing the cards they have, its indicative of a real morose cancer thats invaded the team. My guess is they make a feeble bid for one (but not both) NFL cuts so they can indicate they were at least in the running. NOT ACCEPTABLE IMHO......

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Messam & Eliminian aren't FA's. But... doesn't mean they are coming back just yet.

3. Liske

Liske Member

If no other NFL team signs Elimimian, could the Lions afford to take him back?

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

They'll find a way, I am sure. He's too good to be allowed to go anywhere else in the CFL. You know Sonic up in Edmonton or Taman would sign him.

5. Bronko

Bronko Member

Frankly, if I were Wpg, Sask or Edmonton I'd take either Solly BB or Biggy Hairlip (Bighill) right now.

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

If they clear NFL waivers or don't take PR spots they'll go back to their CFL teams. Ironic that Phillip Hunt doesn't look like he'll be coming back but the one man wrecking crew Eliminian will be. IOn Edmonton, they'll have a log jam at RB. I'd bet Cory Boyd would be the odd man out if Messam returns.

7. Bronko

Bronko Member

Certainly Boyd would have to be dispatched if Messam returns.

Messam is bigger, stronger, faster and a better blocker than Cory Boyd. The Canadian status certainly seals Boyd's fate.....

Probably slightly cheaper, too!

8. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I think Messam will be in for a big payday when he comes back. The Esks will want to lock him up... Oh wait, it's Sonic we are talking about here. He could release Messam he is so unpredictable. And cry doing it.

9. Christoph

Christoph Member

Messam as #2 behind Cornish would be a Canadian backfield to behold. Has there even been a Canadian tandem like that in CFL history?

Not saying there's much more than 1% chance of it happening but it's fun to think about.

10. Bronko

Bronko Member

Tilman would really have to put the organ-grinder to work to get a batch of players for Messam.

Probably wouldn't do it for anything short of a quality canadian hog, maybe Bull Mitchell (QB) and the Stamps first round draft picks for the next 2 years.

Did I throw enough cold water on that one?

11. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

easy bronko. christoph is just getting his feet wet again :D