Sour Grapes about Bombers new Stadium

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

It had to start sometime. May as well be October, 2012. Wait til fans start flocking to the new facility - Winnipee'rs are terrific at finding fault in just about everything. I suspect parking, security & on-field product will lead the complaint parade.

Here's the article on obstructed seat views!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... seats.html

Tags:
  2. Jayman

Jayman Member

Bronco, my friend, it started that famous day when Greg and David stood in the pigeon shyte and started making promises they could never keep.
    Wait until The Lemmings figure out that parking at "Toys R Us" means a three mile walk! And as they walk up, frozen and cranky, they get to watch two Fine Arts types smoking up in their 02 volvo parked 50 yards from the entrance in the "students reserved" lot!!!
    Or when the Club determines that toques and gloves can't be brought in because the Club sells them on site!
    Or when the first grainy picture of The BoD sipping a fine bottled merlot in their oak lined 55 yard box...., surrounded by NDP Politicians and Sam's developer friends.
    The blades just started turning and the grounds crew are loading the brown stuff in the hopper as we speak.

It will hit the fan soon enough. Stand clear.

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

You guys are funny... :)

4. Bronko

Bronko Member

Whaa? In a Jay Onrait kinda way or a George Bush kinda way?

Anyways, Winnipeg has a unique progression system when bad information has to be delivered. Rendering a brand new 250 million dollar stadium with significant optical blockages is simply inexcusable.

5. Bronko

Bronko Member

I think Gunslinger (Greg Selinger) is probably hoping Lurch (6'11" PC leader Brian Pallister) takes over the slate by the time all hell breaks loose about the stadium construction!!!

6. Rids

Rids Member

In a George H. Bush puking on the Prime Minister from Japan kind of way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnOnDatqENo

7. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Ewwww..... Nuff said.

8. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

It is human nature to be critical is it not! I think once the stadium is open to the public they will be in fact happy about it and look forward to going to the games. Winning makes those that complain disappear in the woodwork regardless of the team they cheer for.

9. Hoof

Hoof Member

No way, Bronks, the fans will be willin' to pay extra for the visual obstruction.

Hoof

10. Bronko

Bronko Member

No, Hoof - not all of them - just the desdendants of Gene 'Buggy Whip Arms' Kiniski - Winnipeg has almost as many bunyaks as Edmonton!!!

1/2 price for an obstructed season ticket??? Where's the lineup?

80% Off for seats behind Andre the Giant!!!

11. Hoof

Hoof Member

My joke would have been a lot funnier if the BBs hadn't won last night.

Hoof

12. Bronko

Bronko Member

Hoof - glad to have u over here!

What did you think when we replaced Plop?

Thoughts on his cone of silence since having the can tied to him?

13. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Lapo is a class act. He also probably knows if he says anything drogatory about his firing he could jeopardize his contract. Mike Kelly was the same way. he never said anything publicly about what he thought, either.

14. Bronko

Bronko Member

Mike Kelly had a gig with TSN 1290 as a pre-game commentator prior to TSN ditching their pre-game show this year. He was actually pretty good as a commentator - the big authoritative bass voice hid some very limp opinions about players and coaching. Kelly was on the air within weeks after being sacked by the Bombers.

15. iso_55

iso_55 Member

If LaPo wants to get paid just like Kelly was back in 2009 they both have to keep their mouths shut as they are still under contract to the Bombers so any sour grapes will have to wait until their contracts expire. I'm sure Kelly's has by now but then... if he wants to work again in the CFL he still has to keep his mouth shut...

16. Hoof

Hoof Member

Who's Plop? Oh yeah, that guy you yoused to talk about, once or thrice a day, back in the gsg era. I been missin' all my Bummer news lately, Bronks, 'cause I ain't been around and you were my source of BB shyte.

Winnipeg who? From Grey Cup to 'b cup' all in less than a year. All will be forgivin' when the 'Peg rolls into the new stadia. Unless your seats are behind a pillar.

Hoof

17. Bronko

Bronko Member

Plop has been a model student since being placed in the corner - he'll work again in the CFL, either shortly after his bomber cheques stop coming or via a financial arrangement with another CFL (or CIS) team.

Hillbilly Mike (fresh from the Bauer & Kelly Circus) has other problems beyond post-firing "Silence". Kelly endeared himself to Wpg media and fans by telling them that its his way or the highway - that "I CONTROL THE MESSAGE", then telling Bob "Knucklehead" Irving that he no longer wanted to take live calls on the Bomber radio call-in show cuz fans were idiots.

Neither man is particularly well-suited to the vocation of coaching human beings but at least plop is well-liked in-house and in the league. Kelly is a pariah and many other CFL GMs and owners prolly think the same - that hiring Mike Kelly can only result in bad things happening. The worst thing that could be said about Paul Plop is that he's allergic to pressure.

18. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Lyle Bauer said he'd hire Kelly back if he could & isn't that a scary thought if he ever becomes GM????

19. Bronko

Bronko Member

I think there'd be a ton more qualified candidates than Mike Kelly if Huff packed things in. I'm sure Lyle is making a full court press to endear himself to Flames ownership - but really, he should worry about filling some of those atrocious gaps at McMahon Field, looks like the top gun salesman hired to fill the stands isn't doing quite the job they thought he would.

20. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Attendance has really fallen off. I do believe it is the facility that has a lot to do with it. It's old. The concourses are too narrow. It used to be a great place to watch a football game. Now, it's just average. There's no atmosphere at McMahon. It's not known for its wild & crazy fans. When it's only half to 3/4 full it's a funeral home.