Stampeders..... Any Interest

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Seeker1, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

Just speculating. BUT I believe that a promising free agent QB in Winnipeg, who demonstrated interesting potential and promise will be a free agent as of February 12. The Stampeders could do a lot worse than taking a long look at....

Streveler, Chris QB I 6'1 211 24 University of South Dakota

Tags:
  2. AllSportsCalgary

I am so unsure about the free agent qb market this year. With Bo potentially moving on, Reilly possibly on the market, Ray and Collaros retiring (or should anyway), I am afraid the prices in the free agent market might get real high, real fast.

After the NCAA National Championship, I was left wondering if, with the forced playing-for-free required by the NFL/NCAA scam, if a person could get a 2/3 year quarterback to walk away from his university for some cold hard cash. On the other hand, that would require that the players don't really financially benefit while playing in the NCAA, and I don't believe that for a second. It might be hidden, but they are getting paid.

So I guess I don't know, and really have nothing to contribute. But if it were me, I would be trying for Reilly, if Bo leaves, and then perhaps Streveler. I personally think Jennings is going to get way over-paid, and while he should be relatively safe behind our o-line, all it takes is once, and we are playing our back up anyway.