News Stampeders Linebacker Taylor Reed Hopes to Get Back into Lineup Alongside Cousin

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Seeker1, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

Ja’Gared Davis’ first-career CFL start was on the menu last weekend in Winnipeg.

His Calgary Stampeders teammate and cousin, Taylor Reed, was dealing with a menu of a different kind.

While Davis was impressing in his debut at defensive end, notching a pair of sacks in the 33-18 road win over the Blue Bombers, Reed was back in Calgary trying to get over the disappointment of missing a game the pair had talked about ever since they left the Southern Methodist University program after the 2012 season.

Instead of barking out signals to Davis and the defensive line in front of him, the Stampeders starting middle linebacker was calling shots of a different kind.

Boneless or breaded?

“As much as I wanted to play, obviously, because I take pride in not missing any games, but also, yeah, my cousin, college teammate, college roommate got his first start and did exceptionally well and I wasn’t there,” Reed said.
    Link

Tags:
  2. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

I like Singleton in that spot!

3. strujas

strujas Member

Your right on that one. This kid has shown great progress when he's been in the lineup at this position. Leave him their and he will only get better.

4. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Hey I like Reed but you have to give this young guy some games so he can excel!