Stampeders Qb Tate Vows To Finish Every Game He Plays

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

drew-tate (1).jpg

STAMPEDERS QB TATE VOWS TO FINISH EVERY GAME HE PLAYS
    from TSN.ca

Drew Tate doesn't question his durability, but acknowledges that others do.

What was to be Tate's first full season as the Calgary Stampeders starting quarterback was marred by injuries in 2012, starting with a separated shoulder in Week 2. Subsequent surgery and rehabilitation sidelined him for all but the final two games of the regular season.

Tate then fractured a bone near the wrist of his throwing arm in the West Division semifinal win over Saskatchewan.

Kevin Glenn, who led Calgary to nine wins during Tate's absence, started in Calgary's win over the B.C. Lions in the West Final and again in the Grey Cup loss to the Toronto Argonauts.

Yet Stampeder head coach and general manager John Hufnagel kept Tate atop his quarterback depth chart ahead of Glenn when main camp opened Sunday in pouring rain at McMahon Stadium.

So the Stampeder storyline to start this season is will Tate's off-season mixed martial arts training give him more staying power on the field, and if not, could Glenn step into the breach and generate similar success again?

"My personal goals are to finish every game I play and move the chains and don't turn the ball over," Tate said after a soggy first on-field session. "I've been playing football since 1992. It's just been the last couple of years, a couple times I've gotten hit and I haven't gotten up. Perception is reality and the perception is I haven't lasted, so that's reality."

Read more: http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=424592

2. Bronko

Bronko Member

In related CFL news, Bomber QB Buck Pierce has vowed to not get injured in any games he's held out of!!!

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I know what he is trying to say but to me, I want to see a much more mature Drew Tate on the field this season.