Stampeders Rookie Charlie Power

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, May 30, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

CharliePower.jpg

Stamps’ rookie hopeful Power thrilled to try out for hometown team
    Okotoks product has shown versatility in his career, which is a great asset to have as he makes jump to CFL
    Vicki Hall, CalgaryHerald.com

As a little tyke, lucky Charlie Power soaked up the ambience of one of the most majestic hotels in Canada — if not the world.

“My dad was a manager at the Banff Springs,” the Calgary Stampeders rookie says. “And the Banff Springs was kind of a cool place to grow up as a little kid. It was kind of like a little castle. We just got to run around — me, my brother, and my sister.

“So that was neat, for sure.”

On Wednesday, Power soaked up the atmosphere of a different kind of castle — this one of the gridiron variety — on his first day at work at McMahon Stadium.

With medical testing in the books and No. 46 jersey hanging at his stall, Power is gearing up to hit the field this morning for his first workout as a pro.

The rookies practise at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. in advance of the official start of training camp for the veterans Sunday at 8 a.m.

“It’s exciting to finally get here and get into the facilities and meet everyone,” says Power, who moved with his family to Okotoks from Canmore in 2000. “It’s been a long month, but I’m looking forward to it.”

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports...+Stampeders+rookie+hopeful/8452502/story.html

2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Charlie Power's rookie role with Stamps
    Okotoks product not shy about change, looks forward to rookie role with Stamps
    Scott Mitchell, CalgarySun.com

Bouncing around is nothing new to Charlie Power — both in life and in football.

Born in Atlanta to a mother from Nebraska and a father from Colorado, Power barely had time to get a good look at the Georgia pines before moving north to Halifax shortly after his first birthday.

From there, it was on to Banff — his dad, Ken, spent 22 years in the hotel industry, including a stint as manager of the Banff Springs Hotel — prior to the family finally settling in Okotoks.

Read more: http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/05/30/charlie-powers-rookie-role-with-stamps