Signing Stampeders sign 4 2013 Draft Picks

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, May 21, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

STAMPS SIGN FOUR 2013 DRAFT PICKS
    from Stampeders.com

Calgary Stampeders head coach and general manager John Hufnagel is pleased to announce that four non-imports — defensive lineman Ben D’Aguilar, receiver Yannick Morin-Plante, fullback Charlie Power and offensive lineman Shane Bergman — have signed with the team. As per club policy, terms of the agreements were not disclosed.

All four players were chosen by the Stampeders in the 2013 CFL Canadian Draft.

D’Aguilar, the Stamps’ second-round selection (13th overall), is a six-foot-two, 240-lb. McMaster product who won the J.P. Metras Trophy in 2012 as the top lineman in Canadian University football. He was named an all-Canadian last season and set a CIS record by recording 12.5 sacks.

Read more: http://stampeders.com/article/stamps-sign-four-draft-picks

2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

We signed D'Aguilar? That is great news... Welcome to the Stampeders, Ben!! Welcome to ALL!! :)

3. PAUL74

PAUL74 Member

What a steal getting D'Aguilar in the 2nd round. I can't beleive nobody took this guy before then. He is going to be great on Special Teams and will also get some action on Defence. Huff has definitly made up for last years draft mistake.

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Ameet Pall??? is that guy even on the Al's roster? It wasn't that he was a wasted draft pick but just the attitude he had when he left. Good riddance. The motor that wouldn't quit. What a joke.

5. Flash

Flash Member

Well if he had stayed in Tampa or with the JETS he wouldn't be a steal just another guy that the CFL is waiting on.

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I remember Pall last training camp. He couldn't beat anyone on the OL in training camp as he was getting pushed around. He was overrated.

7. Flash

Flash Member

Ameet Pall played 7 games for the Als. Mostly special teams. We'll see what that looks like this year.

8. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Chug, chug, chug, chug.... Woooo wooo. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

9. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

So true.

I think this year the Hufnagel and Murphy did their due diligence on potential prospects to the roster.