Signing Stampeders sign WR Kamar Jorden

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jan 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Calgary Stampeders general manager John Hufnagel is pleased to announce the signing of international receiver Kamar Jorden. As per team policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Jorden has spent the past two seasons with Red and White and has seen limited action, appearing in three games and making three receptions for 13 yards.

“Over his time here, Kamar has continued to work hard while patiently waiting for his chance to play,” said Hufnagel. “He’s a big receiver with a lot of potential and I expect him to come to training camp and make every effort to earn a more prominent role on the team.”

The six-foot-three, 205-lb. Darby, Pa., product attended training camp with the National Football League’s Minnesota Vikings and played for the Arena Football League’s Spokane Shock before signing with the Stamps in 2014.

Jorden was first-team all-Mid-American Conference in 2011 and 2012 at Bowling Green University as he made 174 catches for 2,198 yards and 16 touchdowns over two seasons with the Falcons.

“I appreciate the opportunity that the Stamps have given me,” said Jorden. “I love the city, I love the team and feel honoured to be playing in Calgary.”

In other roster moves, the Stampeders have released international offensive lineman Edwin Harrison and international kick returner/running back Tim Brown.

Harrison played 48 regular-season games over six seasons with the Stampeders. He began the 2015 campaign as the team’s starting left tackle but was suffered a season-ending leg injury in Week 3.

Brown, a five-year veteran who signed with the Stamps in training camp after four seasons with BC, played 12 regular-season games for Calgary in 2015 and accumulated 1,287 return yards and also had 11 carries for 47 yards.

Tags:
  2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member