Trade Stamps acquire Legare from Edmonton

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, May 8, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

A draft day acquisition for the Stamps adds Edmonton Eskimos DL Etienne Legare.

(didn't see a thread for this yet)

2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Flash

Flash Member

Thought you guys hated each other.

4. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Legare sees opportunity on Stampeders’ defensive line
    Freshly traded to his team’s arch rival on Monday, Etienne Legare needed something to slow his mind down.

The Edmonton Eskimos dealt the six-foot-three, 268-pound defensive lineman from St. Raymond, Que. to the Calgary Stampeders on Monday during the Canadian Football League draft, in exchange for Calgary’s fourth-round pick. Edmonton used it to take offensive lineman Taylor Servais from the University of Ottawa.

News of the trade had Legare overwhelmed with questions.

“Do I move right now? Do I move during the season? What’s going to happen?” he said. “I’ve got my girlfriend (in Edmonton), she’s working here. I just needed to turn that switch off and sit and relax.”
    So he went to a movie. What’d he see?

Pain and Gain, starring Mark Wahlberg and a former Calgary Stampeder named Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. He recommends it.

“When I woke up (Tuesday) I’m feeling good about what’s going on for me,” he said. “And now it’s just a new day, it’s a new part of my career and I’m pretty pumped about it.”

CHRIS O'LEARY, POSTMEDIA NEWS
    Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports...ne+Legare+sees+opportunity/8357750/story.html