Signing Stamps extend Joe West

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jan 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

The Calgary Stampeders have signed R - Joe West to an extension.

Tags:
  2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Official Stampeders Release

WEST SIGNS CONTRACT EXTENSION
    Calgary Stampeders head coach and general manager John Hufnagel is pleased to announce that import receiver Joe West has signed a contract extension. As per team policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
    West made six regular-season starts for the Stamps in 2013 and recorded 19 catches for 277 yards and three touchdowns. He had three receptions for 101 yards and one touchdown in the Western Final against Saskatchewan. The 29-year-old Melbourne, Fla., native missed a total of 12 games because of a shoulder injury.
    Continue Reading: http://stampeders.com/article/west-signs-contract-extension

3. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

'Nother good one, although I think over the long haul Jeff Fuller will prove to be the more valuable. ;)

I guess that will depend on West's health.

During the relatively short time he's been a Stampeder, he's been injured a lot.

He's certainly got talent, so if he can ever stay healthy for an extended period...

TM

4. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

My concern is the West injuries continue to plague him. He really needs to be in top shape otherwise there is always someone waiting in the wings to take that job. West has great talent but needs to be able to fall down with out being carried off the field. I agree on Fuller this guy is another hard nosed Nik Lewis like player that needs to be in this line up.