Stamps knock off the champs

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Dante Marsh can shove it. That second last play roughing call he pulled on Cornish was bull__!!! Just a bush league play on his part. He is just one of the entitled Lions players who felt that we should just roll over & let them win. And Marsh is right, it was a wasted season for him. Hope he has a great off season. ;)

3. C-COOP

C-COOP Member

He can be a douche for sure. But I am fine with the second last play, it wasn't dirty. Cornish should be ready for that and I am sure next time he will be.

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

How can Cornish be ready when a guy comes up from behind & pushes him over Glenn when the play is whistled over?? Marsh was pouting & feeling sorry for himself. Just by a fluke there could have been an injury. It was a cheap shot. After the game, Marsh was mouthing off that our victory was "bulllshit".

5. C-COOP

C-COOP Member

I couldn't hear the whistle at Schanks. If the whistle was blown before the hit then I agree with you. It looked like he hit him very close to the knee going down.

But even that being said - taking your eyes off a crazy guy would always be a mistake in my book... ha ha.

And personally, I love players who are extremely pissed off when they lose.

6. Erik Estrada

Erik Estrada Member

How can it be "bullshit" when the visiting team comes into the building and completely dominates the home team in every single facet of the game? There is little question who the better team was yesterday.

7. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Not according to the Lions. They said that they beat themselves. What planet are they from?

8. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I can understand their frustration. They put themselves on a pedestal all year. Losing to a team that used a backup starter and in their minds was inferior to them. I see this as payback for that stamps loss in bc last year. That game helped bc in their title run and it was so close. It was time for them to pay the piper as the riders did.

9. Christoph

Christoph Member

I could see the logic if they were making mistakes and turning the ball over. But the fact is they simply couldn't get anything going against the Stamps defense until it was too late, and even when they did finally get things moving the Stamps defense prevented them from making any big plays. Consequently their comeback attempt ended up killing the clock more than anything. (Something which I'm sure the Stampeders were only too happy to allow the Lions to do.)

10. Erik Estrada

Erik Estrada Member

It's payback for 1994 at McMahon Stadium in the Western Final when McManus came in and fluked out a win.

11. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

By clear implication, what happened yesterday then was a "fluke-win" payback.

I don't see what the Stampeders did yesterday as any kind of "fluke" performance.

TM

12. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Then the bc lions win in 1994 was no fluke in your opinion. They really deserved it. Is that it? :p

13. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

There is no logical imperative in what you just posted.

The logical fallacy is in connecting the term "fluke" to the concept of "payback".

It is certainly possible to state that yesterday's victory over the Lions was a repayment for the loss the Stampeders suffered at their hands in 1994.

However, that proposition need not be connected to, nor is it dependent upon, a win by "fluke".

They may be, (and in this case I believe they are), mutually exclusive terms.

I have given you no grounds to conclude anything concerning my "opinion" about whether the Lions earned their win in 1994 by "fluke", and in fact, I have no opinion on that issue....:p

TM

14. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Fancy lawyer talk hurts my brain.

15. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Mine too. Needs more smilies.

16. Bronko

Bronko Member

[attachment=32]Here's a nice smilie....

17. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

:) :D ;) :p!

TM

18. C-COOP

C-COOP Member

Rewatched the game at home (with sound) and you were completely right. Marsh and Banks were huge retards the whole game. The Banks hit on Cornish at the end was well after the whistle. Total bush league.

Marsh and Banks laying on top of Cornish every time they tackled him was pathetic. Totally classless. They were even laying on him and holding him down when BC was fighting the clock and there were only a couple of minutes left in the game - how stupid are those guys??

19. Christoph

Christoph Member

Ack stop posting photos of yourself! :p