Stamps Nab Replacement Fourth Qb

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

chi-saint-xaviers-coy-naia-player-of-year-2012-001.jpg

Stamps nab replacement fourth QB after Perrilloux bogged down by passport issues
    Chicago’s Coy trying to learn the CFL game after being used to arena football
    Kristen Odland and Vicki Hall, Calgaryherald.com

The Calgary Stampeders finally have a fourth quarterback — and it’s not Ryan Perrilloux.

The former Jacksonville State pivot was put on the suspended list Sunday after ongoing passport issues prevented him from crossing the border. As such, head coach and general manager John Hufnagel signed Jimmy Coy, a native of Park Ridge, Ill., who recently attended the Chicago Bears rookie camp.

“Unfortunately, Ryan, he couldn’t get the passport issue straightened out on Friday,” Hufnagel said. “We really didn’t know whether it would be straightened out by Monday, and so really, it’s very unfortunate for the young man. I had to make a decision that I couldn’t afford any more lost time for that fourth quarterback.

“So Coy was the lucky recipient of an unfortunate situation for Ryan.”

As for Coy, who played two seasons at Saint Xavier University and had been practising with the Chicago Rush arena football team, he was thrilled to receive the call.

“It’s been a fun experience so far,” said the 24-year-old. “It just started (Saturday) morning. I was at home in Chicago and I was just sitting there. Around 4:30 p.m., 5 p.m., my agent called and said you have to be ready to go, so I just packed some stuff. Around 8:30, I had a flight and had to be up at like 5 a.m., so I threw some stuff in a bag and now I’m here.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports...mpeders+replacement+fourth/8468704/story.html

2. Rids

Rids Member

Coach Dave talks to the QBs that are in Calgary.

[​IMG]
    Photo from Stampeders Official Twitter account