Stamps release Randy Chevrier

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

The Stampeders have decided to part ways with Chevy as he will not be with the team in 2016.

2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Interview with Chevy.

3. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

If this offseason has shown us anything, it's that in 2016, it sure ain't gonna be the same old club we've grown to know and love...:(

Best wishes to you, Chevy, in all you you may do, or be involved with, from here on out.

You were a helluva warrior on the field for over a decade with the Red and White, and no one around these parts will soon forget that...

TM

4. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

He repped McGill quite well as a pro. there's so little to cheer about redmen football.

5. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

An update on what Chevy is up to these days.

After 15 seasons of pro football, Randy Chevrier isn't ready to call it a career just yet.

The 39-year-old longsnapper continues to work out and prepare for the upcoming CFL season despite not having a job. The Calgary Stampeders opted against offering the six-foot-two, 289-pound Montreal native a contract in February, ending his 11-year tenure with the club.

Although he's worked as a substitute teacher and applied to the Calgary fire department, Chevrier wants to continue playing because he feels he can still do so at a high level.

"My logical brain says, 'Yeah, I've had a good career,'" Chevrier said in a telephone interview Friday. "I've won three Grey Cups and done the impossible for a kid who never watched football and only started (playing) at 18 years old.

"But football programs you not to look at the past. You forget the wins, you learn from the losses and go forward. When I think about it as a football player, my memory is very short. It's like, 'What's next?' From the day we lost in the playoffs to Edmonton until I got the call into (GM John Hufnagel's) office, I was going to be back this year and do everything I could to help this team get over the hump."

However, Chevrier can't take the first offer that might come along. He's married with three boys aged nine, seven and four and family would factor heavily in whatever football decision he made.

Continue reading:
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...nce-to-continue-his-cfl-career-377633171.html