Stamps release Talley

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

As the title states - WR/Returner Landon Talley has been released.

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I guess with the return game being handled by Larry Taylor & the play of Marquay McDaniel, the Stamps had no choice even though the guy is talented. Watch him resurface on another CFL team.

3. Erik Estrada

Erik Estrada Member

If he was that talented he would have made the team. He was given every opportunity to make the team over McDaniel but simply wasn't good enough. He may get on with another team but his days in the league are numbered.

4. Christoph

Christoph Member

Last season there were signs that Talley was a potential starter, but he didn't really show a lot this year in camp or through four games of the regular season. Besides Larry Taylor and Marquay McDaniel have simply been too good, and with Chris Bauman finally emerging there wasn't much point in keeping an unneeded import like Talleyon the roster.

A few months ago I might have been surprised or even somewhat upset at this news, but when I saw the story my only reaction was "hmm that's interesting." If it didn't happen today it would have happened in a few weeks when Maurice Price returned from injury.

Don't look now but Toronto and Hamilton are already fighting over the ex-Stamp. ;)

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Toronto, why am I not surprised??? Stamps should charge a commission...