Stamps & riders part 2

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Jason Newlin, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

Let's go stampeders!! SWEEP 'EM
    image.jpeg

#1 Jason Newlin, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    Tags:
  2. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

19-10 Stampeders victory. 5-1-1, overall. Not pretty,but we'll take it.

Tundra Mustang likes this.
  3. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

Too many dropped passes. Receivers with broken hands/fingers? Still waiting to see what kind of talent evaluator Hufnagel the Younger is. Bring on some NFL cuts. There is definitely room for improved player performances.

Wilson had a very poor game. Great speed means nothing, if you can't consistently hold on/catch the ball.

4. strujas

strujas Member

Worst game that I've seen Wilson play. Parker can wake up too.

Tundra Mustang likes this.
  5. fireguyfire

fireguyfire Member

A very poorly executed game and one of the worst yet. Our defence bailed out the sputtering offence. Our big problem this year is nice time eating long drives that end up in only 3 points or worse a turn over. If this team learned to go for the throat they would be unbeatable.
    Good thing we were playing a junior B level team in the green hammerheads or else we would have lost for sure.
    The good news is we still won with that many dropped passes, fumbles, an interception and several bad drive extending penalties including one that wiped out a great goal line stand!

Tundra Mustang and Jason Newlin like this.
  6. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

" bring on some NFL cuts" that would be sweet. I'm dreaming here,but wouldn't
    that be great if marshawn lynch aka -beast mode- be a stamp?

7. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

Only one TD pass from BLM. need to do better.

8. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

The best part of the game might have been the exchange between coaches at the end of the game.
    I don't know what was said, but DD, sure looked miffed in his interview.

strujas and Tundra Mustang like this.
  9. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

It is alleged that "Mr. Class" was mouthing off to DD about how the Stampeders should "win with class."
    Irony at its best! "Classless" giving the epitome of class a lecture on class..
    Question: How can "Classless" get through a doorway when his "head is so huge?"
    " I am so wonderful. If you want a second opinion, ask me again."
    They must have had to renovate the stadium in Regina before Mr . Wonderful was hired as Mr. Everything. What an over inflated ego he appears to have???
    Check out @JDunk12's Tweet:

You can clearly lip-read Dave Dickenson's response: "Are you kidding me? Holy shit."

Link
    Sour grapes in Regina! Chris Jones to Dave Dickenson: 'Win with some class' in wake of Stampeders win over Roughriders

#9 Seeker1, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    strujas and Tundra Mustang like this.
  10. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

I believe BLM was throwing the ball, his "receivers," for the most part couldn't even catch a "cold" this day. Better production from his receivers, most likely would have resulted in BLM extending his throwing for a touchdown streak.

Speaking of which, Wilson's "performance?' may have opened the door for DaVaris Daniels, WR I 6'1 207, to be placed on the active roster, replacing Greg Wilson?

11. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

Marshawn Lynch??? (30) / 4/22/1986 Ht / Wt: 5'11' / 215

"I'm retired," Lynch said. "Is that good enough? Which camera do you want me to look into? This one? I'm done." There had been speculation Lynch was considering a return, but this should finally put the issue to bed. Lynch finished his career with 9,112 rushing yards, the 36th-most in NFL history.

12. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Actually, no.

Not even one touchdown pass from BLM.

His 22 game streak now comes to an end...(I guess he'll just have to start another one now). :p

I think his streak would've remained intact but for a corps of receivers who (Marquay McDaniel excepted) let him down with far too many drops during the game.

I would've added Simon Charbonneau-Campeau to that list had it not been for his redeeming 64 yard catch late in the 4th which entirely tilted the field in their favour and which I think cinched the game for the Stampeders.

On the whole, I agree with others who have posted about the quality of Calgary's receivers last night.

I'm not sure they've gotta be replaced, since it was an uncharacteristically bad game all around for a lot of them.

Maybe some heat on them from some cuts who show well in practice would help them find their focus again.

And in particular, Greg Wilson, I'm lookin' at you! ;)

Gotta do a better job of bailin' out Bo, guys...'cause the remaining opponents on Calgary's schedule aren't gonna be the "free-space-on-the-bingo-card" 'riders squad they squared off against last night...:cool:

TM

13. strujas

strujas Member

I see Wilson just having a bad game. Wilson is a usually a pretty consistent player. He deserves another chance. Parker needs to be more of a consistent player. Some days he shows brilliance on the field, other days he's absolutely terrible.

CoachB57 likes this.
  14. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh, and by the way, "Screw you, Chris Jones!" :D

Every successive loss looks even better on him and the grassland assholes who revere his every move, than the last one did...:woot:

I'm only sorry they've managed to even win as much as a single game in 2016.

If ever a franchise deserved to wallow in the sewer of a winless season, that's the one I'd choose...;)

TM

strujas likes this.
  15. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

strujas likes this.
  16. Addicted

Addicted Member

....and yet another fine for the Riders. $5000 for converging on center field during player introduction at our game last week in Calgary.....should we be starting a GoFund Me page for poor Jonesy? Lol.

17. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

Class of the Riders--- "Jones is the man we wanted, and still is?"
    The Riders organization and Jones--- a match made in -------? ;)

Check out @CFL_News's Tweet:

18. Bronko

Bronko Member

The rat-riders are bound to Jones like Robert Picton to his jail cell. Its a symbiotic relationship.
    This is year 1 of a 4 (perhaps 5) year bound-in contract for around $750,000 per anum.
    They're on the verge of writing off this season already - their roster is a Chinese fire drill and Corky is starting to ignite forest fires wherever he goes.
    I think they're bound to him for the bulk of 2017 - although Reynolds will probably invite a couple board members to his afternoon schnapps party to discuss potential "What Ifs" if the Riders come out of the chute any worse than 3-6 next season.
    They'd have to eat Jones remaining salary of around $1.5 million - don't know if Jones was able to negotiate guaranteed contracts for the assistants he stole from Edmonton but that might be another $1 million or so.
    Plus the costs of hiring up new staff, new GM, new head coach, new personnel guy, etc.

Thinking a different way. How loyal do you think Corky would be if he achieved huge success (like he did in Edmonton) and the NFL came a callin' - Jerry Jones calls and wants Corky to be the Cowboys d-coordinator. How loyal do you think Jones would be to his existing contract? Think about it.....

19. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

The best part of it – even members of the riders organization appreciated it.

“About 9 or 10 rider players came up to me and thanked me(after the game). So if people thought there was hostility with me and the riders – they’re wrong. Because all the players were happy about it, they don’t want that kind of thing,” Mitchell said.

20. CoachB57

CoachB57 Member

Why? Don't get me wrong, I know "why" but I'm not certain that is the answer. We have the talent internally on our own roster as it stands, I just think the team will struggle all year with ratio issues which will prevent some good players from seeing the field.