Star O-lineman Bryant Remains Humble As Others Marvel At His Accomplishments

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

May 1, 2012
    Star o-lineman Bryant remains humble as others marvel at his accomplishments
    Rock of the quarterback protection unit does remind teammates that he was an all-state tight end in high school
    Scott Cruickshank,

Teammates insist he’s a dead-ringer for Kimbo Slice. Which makes Stanley Bryant scoff.

“Don’t think so. That’s a bad comparison.”

Teammates dare to doubt his offensive explosiveness, untapped at the Canadian Football League level. Which makes Bryant crow.

“You can look me up. I was all-state (tight end) my senior year at Goldsboro (N.C.) High School. It’ll be in the archives. I’ve been telling these guys that, but they don’t believe it, man.”

(Believe it — Bryant, with 40 catches, 610 yards, eight majors, was indeed all-state in 2003.)

But beyond those two (goodnaturedly) touchy subjects, the Calgary Stampeders’ offensive lineman isn’t one to brag. That’s reflected in his Twitter handle — @MyHumble_Self.

“I see myself as a humble guy — I don’t take anything for granted,” Bryant, six foot five and 282 pounds, is saying after Wednesday morning’s workout at McMahon Stadium. “I’d say I’m a nice guy. I just work hard, man. Always be humble . . . because you never know what can happen.”

Without boasting, though, Bryant could state facts.

Read more: