Star O-lineman Bryant Remains Humble As Others Marvel At His Accomplishments

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Star o-lineman Bryant remains humble as others marvel at his accomplishments
    Rock of the quarterback protection unit does remind teammates that he was an all-state tight end in high school
    Scott Cruickshank, Calgaryherald.com

Teammates insist he’s a dead-ringer for Kimbo Slice. Which makes Stanley Bryant scoff.

“Don’t think so. That’s a bad comparison.”

Teammates dare to doubt his offensive explosiveness, untapped at the Canadian Football League level. Which makes Bryant crow.

“You can look me up. I was all-state (tight end) my senior year at Goldsboro (N.C.) High School. It’ll be in the archives. I’ve been telling these guys that, but they don’t believe it, man.”

(Believe it — Bryant, with 40 catches, 610 yards, eight majors, was indeed all-state in 2003.)

But beyond those two (goodnaturedly) touchy subjects, the Calgary Stampeders’ offensive lineman isn’t one to brag. That’s reflected in his Twitter handle — @MyHumble_Self.

“I see myself as a humble guy — I don’t take anything for granted,” Bryant, six foot five and 282 pounds, is saying after Wednesday morning’s workout at McMahon Stadium. “I’d say I’m a nice guy. I just work hard, man. Always be humble . . . because you never know what can happen.”

Without boasting, though, Bryant could state facts.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports...r+offensive+lineman+Bryant/8517662/story.html