Status of ??

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Seeker1, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

Any news on the imminent signing of O-lineman Tsoumpas, Receivers Parker, and Forzani, D-lineman Law?? Others?
    Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Rids

Rids Member

Law has been working out for NFL teams and right now is probably unlikely to return.

3. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

Apparently, the Eskimos are salivating over the opportunity to take Tsoumpas back to Edmonton via free agency? The fact that there has been no announcement by the Stampeders of a new contract for him may indicate that he is indeed looking "northward?"

4. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Anthony Parker and Malik Jackson to head to Free Agency.

Demonte Bolden has a verbal agreement in place.

Johnny Forzani still fighting his ankle injury and future is still uncertain.

5. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Some strong words from Coach Huff.

6. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

Considering how Parker has played, since being drafted by the Stampeders, it is somewhat surprising that he has seemingly priced himself out of the Stampeder' picture? He has been fairly inconsistent when he has appeared in the starting lineup. Oh well! Perhaps, he was not the best draft for the Stampeders at that time?

7. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Hufnagel pleased with Stamps players retained thus far, has no plans to be major player in free agency
    Apparently there’s no truth to the assertion that John Hufnagel is a hard-line negotiator.
    “They call me Santa Claus,” Hufnagel claimed, much to the merriment of those around him.
    Hufnagel has had his Calgary Stampeder general manager’s hat firmly planted on his head these past few months, signing those on a lengthy list of prospective free agents. He didn’t get them all, alas, though he’s still trying to ink a few more prior to the Feb. 15th start of CFL free agency.
    “We’re still negotiating,” he explained. “There are a few where either I’ve hit an impasse in negotiations or they would just rather test the waters. But I’m very pleased with how things went.
    “I had the opportunity to talk to the players during our bye week in the playoffs and basically I explained to them the strategy that I had going into the off-season. They fully understand that if they were looking for the biggest paycheque, well, don’t waste your time talking to me because that’s not how our program is set. We don’t pay the highest contracts, nor do we pay the lowest contracts. We try to get a group of people that want to be Stampeders, still be under the salary cap and put a competitive team on the field.”
    Continue reading: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports...nagel+pleased+with+Calgary/9446445/story.html

8. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

GM John Hufnagel not done tinkering for 2014 Calgary Stampeders
    It’s been 74 days since the Calgary Stampeders’ 2013 season ended in heartbreak.
    A 14-4 regular season down the tubes.
    A laundry list of free agents to re-sign.
    An expansion draft, free-agent workouts and a CFL Draft to prepare for.
    A roster to reload.
    An off-season plan for Stamps GM/head coach John Hufnagel to put in motion.
    Not long before walking off the McMahon Stadium field with the scoreboard showing a less-than-flattering 35-13 defeat at the hands of the eventual Grey Cup-champion Saskatchewan Roughriders, Hufnagel had a message for what was then an 18-man free-agent group.
    Continue reading: http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/01/29/gm-john-hufnagel-not-done-tinkering-for-2014-calgary-stampeders

9. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

Last week, the Ravens tried out CFL defensive end-outside linebacker Cordarro Law (Calgary Stampeders, Southern Mississippi). (Was not signed to a contract, though.)
    Link