Steinberg's MMQB - July 15, 2013

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Madman, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Steinberg's MMQB: Pivot storylines dominate Week 3
    Pat Steinberg, CFL.ca

Week 3 of the Canadian Football League season saw all kinds of quarterback stories play out. In a league driven by the position, I guess we shouldn’t be surprised, but it still was the thing I took most from the four games we saw this weekend. One story gives us another outstanding career milestone, another raises questions for the next 15 games, and the other is an affirmation of what we already knew.

First and foremost

Before we get to those quarterbacks, though, top billing has to go the CFL’s only unbeaten team. Darian Durant is a quarterback, of course, so I guess writing about the Saskatchewan Roughriders has a link to the theme of this article as well. It seems you can’t write about the Riders without a reference to running back Kory Sheets either, and the MMQB really isn’t surprised to see what he’s done thus far.

Read more: http://www.cfl.ca/article/steinbergs-mmqb-pivot-storylines-dominate-week-3

2. Rids

Rids Member

Don't think anybody expected that Toronto would be leading the league in passing at this point of the season. Ricky Ray is old reliable but combined with Collaros they are the first team over 1000 yards passing.

Ricky and Darian Durant are the unpicked starters too. Ricky sitting with a 6:0 TD:INT ratio and Durant at 8:0. Durant also leads in passing efficiency rating too.