Terrible Crowd in Cleveland

Discussion in 'More Sports' started by Rids, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Rids

Rids Member

Cleveland is in the AL Wildcard race and they only draw 12,000 tonight??? What is going on there? They are 13 games above .500 and didn't just trade their best player. Sheesh.

Tags:
  2. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

New sitcom based on this turnout: "(Not so) Hot in Cleveland".

TM

3. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Rids.......follows.......baseball?

4. Rids

Rids Member

Go Dodgers.

I like baseball just don't have enough time in the year to follow MLB and it's million different players. But I do track along with what the Dodgers are doing and NCAA baseball with the local schools.

5. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I admit the Dodgers are a feel good story but I'm more partial to the Braves after having been to a game this year.

Go Braves!

6. Rids

Rids Member

Our family ties to the Dodgers go back to Ebbets Field. My dad was a big Brooklyn Dodgers fan and didn't agree with the move west but stuck with them through it all.

Orel Hershiser is a family hero! Now that he does Little League World Series games it's a perfect fit for us!

deuvl likes this.
  7. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Can't say I'm a baseball fan at all.

I haven't seen 2 minutes worth of games all season this year and couldn't tell you who's in the pennant races as the season winds down.

I did enjoy taking the kids to a Mariners game in Seattle a half-dozen years ago. The Dodgers beat 'em in that game with the Mariners at the time vying for a playoff spot. Downer for the home crowd, though.

I also took the kids to Fenway in Boston three years ago for a game between the Red Sox and the Yankees.
    Yankees won that one. Real downer for the home crowd given how 'beloved' the Yankees are in that town...:rolleyes:

TM

8. Rids

Rids Member

The Mariners were a fun young team to watch. Some of their management moves that hurt the Cannons chances late in the season soured me on the franchise a bit.

A couple hour drive from here the Mariners AA team is located, the Jackson Generals. They have a great little stadium just off the interstate that I will enjoy a game in one of these years.

9. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Well I did have my best ever sports moment at Dodger stadium watching Dennis Martinez pitch his perfect game with my dad in the left bleacher seats that fateful July 28 1991. The game was sold out and my dad got 'em off a scalperfor what seemed a mean-nothing game. Grey Cup 2009 ranks as my second best sports moment.

And I totally forgave Rick Monday. If the Dodgers were going to beat the Expos in 81 then it had to be for a good cause by beating the Yankees. I loved Tommy Lasorda though some consider him to be the anti-christ.