THANK YOU STAMPS FOR A VERY ENTERTAINING POST SEASON

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Bumpnrun, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Maybe the reason the Stamps lost today was their was no adversity or outside challenges to galvanize the team. It seemed adversity brought the best out this team.

Tough night but like I said earlier getting to the Grey Cup was a bonus. However, I really wished the Stamps gave better effort. Whether they lost by 3 or 30, they played very blah tonight. They lacked emotion and execution.

Tags:
  2. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

+1, they did good and I'm proud of them.

3. Erik Estrada

Erik Estrada Member

Great season save for the last game. However it has to be asked how the Stampeders could come out and play one of the worst games they have played in years in such a big game against what I consider a pretty average Argos team?

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Yes, that's what we are all asking. Flat. Glenn looked like a deer in the headlights. He had no help from his OL. Our D did not perform well.

5. C-COOP

C-COOP Member

I wouldn't be too quick to include the OL along with KG...

IMO the whole team looked flat. The Argos looked very psyched up and the Stamps seemed very average.

6. Erik Estrada

Erik Estrada Member

Yeah it was really strange. There seemed to be a lack of emotion. Almost like it was just an August game that didn't matter. Outside of Taylor the rest of the team seemed like they were just going through the motions.

7. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

it was that the argos saw them play bc and didn't want to make the same mistakes. argos owe a debt to the lions for exposing how dangerous the stamps could be. also Glenn just isn't a repeat playoff performer. just look at 2007 and 2011.

8. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Maybe the Stamps played their best game in a very long time against BC last week and it was very difficult to duplicate the effort, especially when a team like the Argos were peaking at the same time.
    Well done Stamps in 2012. Maybe a better finish to 2013.