Post Game Thanks to everyone...

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Tundra Mustang, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

...who posts here all year long.

Or even those of you who show up for just the occasional post in the occasional thread...

It is all of you who makes this site what it is, and makes the effort we expend in running this site worthwhile! ;)

For those of you who are Stampeders fans, I'm sorry that our journey together through what has been a flawed season is now over.

For those of you who read this and are fans of any of the four teams remaining in the hunt, congratulations!

May the the most worthy team win.

For me, it's become "next year country".

Over the decades, I've seen more than my fair share of those years as a Stampeders' fan...(although I'm sure every fan of every team feels that way as well)...;)

I expect I'll find another way to live through another one of 'em.

God willing...

And until then, let me say I hope we'll see all of you back again rootin' for the 'red and white', "next year".

TM

Tags:
    Barry Plashka, Madman, Jayman and 4 others like this.
  2. strujas

strujas Member

Have a great offseason Tundra! You bet! See ya next year! GO STAMPS GO!

3. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Just shows how tough it is for the host team to win the Grey Cup in there own back yard.
    Again everyone have a great and safe offseason.
    With the Stamps out next weekend looking forward to hopefully a couple of great division finals.
    Today the team that ran the ball won the game decisively. Time to get a QB who on the occasion will run the ball.
    Overall if I were to give the team a grade for this season would have been a B.
    Defense once again carried this team, however, in the past few games was on the field too much and really missed Law.
    Offensively this team needs a serious re-boot. Too one dimensional and as good as the QB's been I believe it is time to move on from BLM. Time to change to a new OC and most of all find one way or another to stay healthy.
    Special teams was not the greatest this season and cost the team at the very least 3 games and I think the team should bring in better competition for both kickers come training camp and really find a way to block better.

strujas, Madman and Tundra Mustang like this.
  4. Bronko

Bronko Member

re: BL MItchell

Toronto or Ottawa are licking their lips at the very thought of acquiring Bo-Levi Mitchell. Imagine what the Stamps could score for BLM? Getting Macbeth & a first round Argo pick for the next couple years might seal the deal. Already have Arbuckle so Macbeth & Arbuckle could be the dynamic duo?

5. mewata fan

mewata fan Member

Very disappointing. I am still womdering why Arbuckle wasnt put in 3rd quarter? BLM was terrible and continued to be. Yes some changes required

strujas likes this.
  6. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

No problem,TM. Happy to lend a helping hand.:)
    We’ll get ‘em next year. ;)

Tundra Mustang likes this.
  7. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm not as eloquent, (or as long winded :D), as TM but wanted to add my thanks to everyone who was a part of the StampsFans family this year.

Here's to a successful offseason and to red-er pastures next year!

Tundra Mustang and strujas like this.
  8. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Garrulous.

It's the word that we who are "long-winded" oftimes choose when we are looking to slow down the pace of our verbiage.

'Cause it's shorter than two words and doesn't need a hyphen...:D

Sorry.

Realize that my explanation on this point was a tad "long-winded".

I rest your case. ;)

And thanks for all of your fine efforts all year long in hosting as well as your largely unseen technical support in the administration of our site, Madman.

None of this would exist without you.

TM

Madman likes this.
  9. K_O_cowtown

K_O_cowtown StampsFans' Luchador & Moderator
    Staff Member

Disappointing yes, but the CFL aint over yet. I'm jumping on the Bombers bandwagon for the rest of the season! Go Bombers Go, ABS - Anyone But Saskatchewan!

strujas and Madman like this.
  10. AllSportsCalgary

Yes TM, well put. I really enjoy it here, because there is very little 'scrapping' between the posters, and even the 'crazies' aren't full blown nuts. It was a 'down' year, yet we still had a home play off game, and a first half that made the second half especially bitter.

I agree, the best scenario I can come up with now is a Winnipeg - Hamilton grey Cup, with Winnipeg winning. This is lipstick on a pig, but the pig also gets to wear a frilly dress and can dance to the beat. The worst is in fact the worst no matter what year, decade, century, life time I envision - Saskatchewan v Edmonton in OUR barn - there isn't enough alcohol in all the gin joints in all the world to drink that pig pretty.

Madman likes this.