The Best and Worst of the CFL in Pretty Much Every Category You Could Think of.

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Christoph, May 22, 2012.

1. Christoph

Christoph Member

To view Allen Cameron's article in it's entirety and see the rest of the poll results (highly recommended) click on this here linky -----> Yup this thing :p

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

When was this survey done, during he playoffs? Some of the questions, like where will Henry Burris play? Who will be the head coach of the Riders & should Jim Barker be GM of the Argos are OLD NEWS??? Considering Scott Milanovich was hired December 1st & Chamblin shortly thereafter makes me wonder about the timing this poll. I guess it's all for fun but do I care who tweets the best as a CFL player? As far a Huff being the least quotable coach, perhaps the fact that he's deaf & reads people lips has a lot to do with it.

3. Christoph

Christoph Member

What I like is how people described CFL officiating. What is pass interference? Good question. Very good question.

So I guess everyone who rolls through Saskatchewan inevitably gets hyped up beyond their actual abilities because appearing on the list of overrated players is Darian Durant (no surprise) at number two and former Rider Stevie Bags in the illustrious pole position. On top of that Andy Fantuz was very much in the running.

Also amusing is that Buck Pierce simulateously recieved votes as the most overrated and underrated player in the CFL. So which is it???

Seeing Geroy Simon's name second only to Anthony Calvillo on the "nice guy" list is quite the affirmation that his reputation of being a selfish player has either been shed entirely or was undeserved in the first place.

I guess it's no surprise to see that Rob Murphy is a bit of a jerk. The bigger surprise may be that he beat out Dwight Anderson as the CFL's biggest jerk. (I wonder will anybody want him for much longer?) Even bigger still is that Huff is considered a jerk. I always thought he was pretty decent.

If you ever needed proof that voting for coach of the year is silly since the people voting aren't even around when most of the coaching takes place, well here it is. Jim Barker went from being the coach of the year to being the worst coach in the league all within the span of a year???? Okay then. Which is it, is he a good coach or is he not? Should he be coach and GM, just coach, or just GM?

Looks like Jon Cornish is really starting to get some notoriety. He's the first Canadian most voters would sign if he were available. I completely agree. The top vote getter amongst imports was Travis Lulay. Here's hoping Mr. Drew Tate closes that gap this year.

You may not care about who the best twitterer (is that a word?) in the CFL is iso, and to be frank (or is that Hank?) neither do I, but you can't deny the line about Burris was pretty amusing... "at least I think it's him, although he'll claim it wasn't."

4. Bronko

Bronko Member

I think the boys who are cruizin' for a bruizin' this year include

Eric Tilman (The Northern Nomad Geek from Southern Tennessee Creek)

Plop - going from Grey Cup contestant to daily excuse-maker

O'Dell Willis - if he ever gets back into God's country

Rob Murphy - the end is near.

Rod Black - the end should be near.

Jim Barker - can a bad coach be a bad GM? That is the question!

AC - 40 - Do you believe in miracles?

Hankenstein - What is the frequency, Kenneth?
    [hr]
    I'm also looking for Doug Brown to gradually muscle his way into the 'controversial comments' section of the canadian sports media.....