The Chevy Benching

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

My personal opinion of Chevy is high - I think he is a hell of a football player and more importantly, a damn good person; so seeing him be benched in favour of St. Pierre sucks a little.

What are everyone's thoughts on him being benched for the second game in a row for his hometown MTL game?

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Well, it's not liked he never played there before. He's been in the CFL a long time so I don't think the references the media is making towards his benching before playing in his hometown is fair to Huff. If St. Pierre is better than so be it.

3. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh agreed, I don't care that it's his hometown game and I'm sure he doesn't either.

I will be sure to watch St. Pierre's game tomorrow and see how that downfield speed is.

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

One thing about Huff. Not afraid to make changes so the core never gets too old. The Flames Jay Feaster & Ken King could learn a few things about that. I mean, now that the Flames own the Stamps. ;)

5. Liske

Liske Member

I admit, I hadn't been paying too much attention to the long snapper position and just assumed Chevy was doing it until I read about his healthy scratch a few days ago.

Since I didn't notice any botched snaps or missed assignments on special teams last game, I presume St. Pierre is doing alright and that Huf has a reason for starting him over Chevy.

Did Chevy not have a good training camp or preseason? At what point did St. Pierre look better than Chevy?

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Chevy isn't as versatile as St. Pierre who can play more than one position.