The Legendary Ritch Dowrey (aka 3rd Down) has passed away

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Bronko, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Very upsetting news today with the passing of legendary CFL fan Ritch Dowrey. Got to know Ritch (aka 3rd Down) as he used to post on various bomber sites (before the fascists & acolyles started to ban me).
    A great poster with a wonderful sense of humour - also widely known on CFL.ca and other national sites.

He was beaten coming out of a lions game a few years ago and lost some of his essential brain functionality. The vermin who hurt him were identified but prosecuted lightly (I suspect they were the type of vermin Vancouver crown prosecutors kinda identify with, ie. anti-gay haters) so I wish I was a vigilante and these perps could be handled properly. Only problem is when you're human vermin like these guys were - your families probably celebrate if someone hands you a hall pass to the lower chamber!

RIP 3rd Down....

btw - I'm recommending all CFL sites that had knowledge of Ritch implement a post of the week or post of the month award called 'The 3rd Down Post Award' or somesuch. Maybe Terry or deuvy are listening?

Tags:
  2. Liske

Liske Member

I'm not on any other fan site, so I've never heard of 3rd down. I'm sorry to hear about his passing though. Condolences to his family.

Good to see you posting again here, Bronks.

3. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for posting that Bronks - always sucks to lose a good friend and a great fan of the game.

4. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Yup 3rd down was the greatest Lions fan ever and was always great to talk to about the CFL in general a true gentleman. RIP

5. Flash

Flash Member

I remember him from the CFL boards. Long, long time ago.

6. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

You sure they weren't bomber fans that beat him up? RIP.