GAME DAY The Red vs. The Green

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Tundra Mustang, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Also known as Christmas in July.

Let's hope the Stampeders don't serve up a turkey...;)

If they play up to their capabilities in all three phases of the game, the Riders won't touch 'em.

And it's possible that even two out of the three will do the trick! :D

But if they don't have the necessary focus, then watch out! ;)

I had a chance to go to the game this evening in Regina, but I had to turn it down.

My son runs a Jeep dealership in Saskatchewan, and as a major sponsor on one of the Saskatoon radio stations, they offered him and 4 guests a skybox (with all the trimmin's) for the game at Mosaic this evening, but we've got a campout in Kanaskis with my brother and his family scheduled this weekend, and there was no way to resolve the conflict.

I won't even have radio reception in the mountains southwest of Calgary, much less an internet connection, so I won't see or hear the contest live.

In fact, I won't likely even know how it turned out until sometime tomorrow afternoon when we're on our way home to Edmonton. :(

So do me a favour, guys, and keep an eye on it for me in the meantime, eh? :D

And Go Stamps Go!

TM

Tags:
    Addicted and Jason Newlin like this.
  2. strujas

strujas Member

GO STAMPS GO!!!

Addicted and Jason Newlin like this.
  3. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

Let's hope they make it 6-0.

IMG_6534.PNG

GO, GO GO stamps

strujas and Addicted like this.
  4. AllSportsCalgary

I am looking forward to this game. Finally a test that might give some indication where the Stamps really are at this point of the season. We are 5 - 0 against teams that are 7 - 15 over all. Until we start to work against the west teams, I really have no idea where we are at. Admittedly, the other western teams have not looked all that stellar in their games, regardless of whether they are playing eastern or western teams. I think we will win this game. I want us to win it handily, holding the Riders well within the points allowed average so far established, while scoring at least one td per quarter against their defense. That is what I want. I would settle for a 3 - 1 win, but then I still would not have any answer on were we are at.

Looking at the standings though, I think this is an important win the Stamps. Win, and that 4 point cushion is back, with only two teams close. Lose, and suddenly there are three teams within one win. While that makes the season more interesting I suppose, my life is already interesting enough.

GO STAMPS! Win by at least 20 points - I love it when my team crushes others!

Tundra Mustang and Addicted like this.
  5. Addicted

Addicted Member

Good first quarter, slipped a bit in the second. Half time, refocus, and let’s win this one! BLM needs to start picking away

6. Addicted

Addicted Member

Nice win boys! 6-0!

Jason Newlin likes this.
  7. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

Hot dog!! 6-0. Very nice

Tundra Mustang and Addicted like this.
  8. Addicted

Addicted Member

I’ll hand it to Jones’s defence, they did look very good again tonight. Their offence is a mess though, but it’s a pretty tall order to move the ball against the best defence in the league....ours!

Tundra Mustang likes this.
  9. AllSportsCalgary

Well I am glad the Stamps won, but I am still not sure what we have. But we did score offensive touchdowns against a very solid defense, and the defense of Saskatchewan has to be given credit for slowing down the Stamps offense. Are Winnipeg the second best overall team in the league right now? I look forward to watching that one, and seeing how our defense does against a good offense. And labour day has the potential to be a great match up as well!