This is how North Carolina handles 6" of snow

Discussion in 'SF Lounge' started by Stamps Rule, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

This is apparently an un-photoshopped picture from a news cast in North Carolina last night.

[​IMG]

Tags:
  2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Did the masses gather and torch the car to keep warm?

It still boggles my frozen Canadian brain seeing images like this. I know the vast majority of people have never driven in snow, but how does common sense not prevail? If everyone crawls home at 10mph then life is good, but for some reason panic seems to set in and everyone turns into Bambi out there.

Hopefully nobody was hurt in that pic.

3. Rids

Rids Member

The roads were soaked with rain and sleet before the snow, some of these areas are very slippery. Imagine an ice storm in Alberta in June or July when everybody has their summer tires on and isn't ready for it. First snows in Calgary always turn into a mess on Deerfoot, this is just on a bigger scale.

That said it's still ridiculous the reaction to it all and the mass panic that ensues (I can't explain why that car is on fire....). Instead of staying home if they don't need to drive everybody hops in their cars to go clean out the grocery store. So there's more vehicles on the road + drivers that have no idea + bad tires = chaos.

4. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

5. Rids

Rids Member

Now that explains the car on fire!