Three-Down Theatre: The Stampeders

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Pretty good preview by Andrew Bucholtz, comparing the Stamps to Spaceballs. :D

Three-Down Theatre: The Stampeders are dismayed you know their luggage combination
    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl-55 ... 01998.html

Tags:
  2. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

So the upshot of the article is that Cornish has earned himself a new monniker: "Corn-Mawg"?

Dunno for sure, but I suspect that offering isn't gonna pass "mustard" with ztella...:p

TM

3. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

yo TM you full 'delete' bro.

ah the memories :p

4. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

RE: Three-Down TheatThe Stampeders

Ah oui, je me rappelle, maintenant...;)

TM

5. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

He wasn't even mad bro. :D

6. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Non, vraiement? :D

TM

7. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Alouettes have a bit of a curse on them right now. Last october 16 was their last win against hamilton and that night AC passed on a french talk show 'Tout le monde en parle'. (Everyone is talking about it). It was like the first time the french elite noticed who AC was in spite of 14 seasons of service.

The als have not won a game since that show aired, maybe TM speaking french is the cure. :)

8. Christoph

Christoph Member

Nope sorry that was me. I had a witch put a curse on them.

In my defense, when I first encountered her in the market at a strange little medieval shop, I thought she was merely a phony. So when she asked if I wanted to put a curse on anyone I shrugged and answered "sure why not," and said the first thing that came to my mind, the Alouettes. I didn't think there was any harm in playing along, I figured it would be a hoot (pun intended.)

In hind sight, it's too bad I didn't say the Roughriders (sorry guys) or Eskimos (although that could have been misinterpreted to unfortunate results).

Belatedly I realized maybe I should make sure she was in fact not a real witch. But how exactly does one do that?

Then I remembered that real witches are made of wood. From there I simply had to devise a way of determining whether or not she was made of wood.

My first thought was that I should see if I could build a bridge out of her, but I quickly realized that you can also build bridges out of stone so that wouldn't really have been a conclusive test.

Then it dawned on me, wood floats on water!

Regrettably there were no bodies of water conveniently located nearby and I didn't really want to throw her in the trunk of my car and take her to one, because witch or not that probably wouldn't end well.

Now if only I could find something else nearby that also floated on water that I could use as a comparison. So I looked around me... Hmmm bread? Apples? Very small rocks? Cider? Gravy? Cherries? Mud? Churches? Lead?

Lead!

"Ahha!" I exclaimed, attracting a few confused and worried stares. Fortunately after 29 years I've become quite immune to those.

My excitement quickly drained as the thought crossed my mind that lead might not work so w--

But then I noticed a duck flying by and naturally, without a second thought, I started throwing everything within reach in the hopes of bringing it down... lead, churches (they're actually not as heavy as they look), mud, cherries, gravy (that just burned my hands... note to self: throw the whole pot), very small rocks, apples... none of those worked.

Then again my aim isn't the greatest.

Finally I reached for the bread and was about to throw it when the witch(?) reached out and grabbed my hand. Now it could have been the fact that she'd just been pelted by lead, cherries, very small rocks, and a few apples; or perhaps she was just very wise, because before I knew what was happening the duck swooped in and started eating the bread right out of the palm of my hand.

It was perfect! Ducks float on water. Witches are made of wood, which also floats on water. Therefore, if she weighed the same as a duck, she must be a witch!

At that point I just needed to find a massive weigh scale. Given that I was ina bizarre medieval shop that didn't prove to be an issue.

So... long story short. She's a witch and your Als may never win another game.

Oops :p

Also apparently ducks can fly.

9. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Well that explains it.

10. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Tu veux ou tu ne veux pas...:p

As for the game, "plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose...", which roughly translated in this context means "the beat goes on"... for Calgary! :D

Or, better luck next time, doovie! ;)

TM

11. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

so it's plus c'est pareil

if the stamps lose then it's the guillotine for mon ami Toundra ... sacrebleu :D

12. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Quebec law has now departed from the Canadian moratorium on capital punishment, too?

Talk about the ultimate "separation"...:p

TM

13. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

the guillotine now awaits the als upon their return. it's a short week but it's going to be a long one in the media.

14. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I think we'll see Marc Trestman either back in the NFL or NCAA after this season. If that happens, too bad. He is a classy guy.

15. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

yeah and probably AC's final year. nothing left to prove.