Ticat Cuts

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Rids, May 9, 2012.

1. Rids

Rids Member

Moves after mini-camp:

Ticats have released DE Angelo Craig, WR Liam Mahoney, OL Adam Rogers & DB Ray Wladichuk
    [hr]
    Couple of thoughts here.

Ray Wladichuk had made the squad in his draft year but then left camp suddenly to return back to Simon Fraser. My impression was that he was shooting his career in the foot but the Ticats took him back. Potentially he'll show up with a team that is running with multiple NI in the secondary.

Liam Mahoney is a favorite of mine for a long time. Versatile player that was a CIS QB, RB and WR during his years at Concordia. Really thought he'd have an easier time than this to stick with a club. 6th round pick for the Bombers, was released and signed by the Ticats. He'll show up somewhere I'm sure.

Adam Rogers is a NI OL that started his career in Edmonton in 2009. Played in 16 games in 2009-2010 with the Eskies before playing a single game in Hamilton in 2011. Was re-signed in April and cut in May. That should sum that up.

Angelo Craig is an import DE that was signed in March, released in May.

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I think all these guys careers are done... Not much there to really get excited about, Rids.