Ticat QB Battle

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Rids, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Rids

Rids Member

This could be one of the best training camp battles in the league this year. Love that the Ticats brought Dan LeFevour into the CFL and think he'll be a great fit there should he beat Tate Forcier out (which I think he will).

Should that come through the Ticats potentially walk into Game 1 with the best trio of QBs going. Maybe not the best starter but a group that I would love to run a season with.

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Is Quinton Porter on the way out?

3. Christoph

Christoph Member

Good question. He stock sure has fallen since he was supposed to be the heir apparent and a rising star.

Also good catch Rids. I'd never heard of this guy, but a quick google search has yielded what would be a very exciting scouting report if you were Ti-Cats fan. Here it is:

It sounds like the guy can do it all. He's equally prolific at passing as he taking off on the scramble. Can we have him?

4. Rids

Rids Member

LeFevour is a prototype CFL QB. If there was an ideal height, weight, skillset for the position he'd basically fit it.

Not that it matters much in the big scheme of things but when he was at Central Michigan I thought he'd do very well up in Canada. Now to see those skills translate.

I believe Porter is solid at #2 and Burris at #1 to start the season but this battle for #3 will be fun!

5. Bronko

Bronko Member

Agreed. An old codger GM like O.B. will keep all his assets in place until he's certain one of the new guys can ascend to chief-bottle-washer behind Sir Henry...... and if one of the new guys can do it then Porter becomes trade bait to a western team like the riders or schmoes. Of course, if Henry is finished (and only game action will reveal this) then the entire equation changes!