Tiger Woods Soils Diaper

Discussion in 'SF Lounge' started by Bronko, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Tiger Woods, in a rare break from scouting stripper clubs and skankytowns played a solid two round to take a share of the lead going into Saturday's 3rd round of the U.S. Open.

But the Tiger fell on hard times Saturday and didn't make more than a handful of good shots as he found himself in tough rough on virtually every drive, his approach shots were either bunkered or distant from the hole and his putting was well to put it lightly, very putrid.

He let Jim Furyk, the man of loopy swing dissect him and Irishman Graeme McDowell tie for the lead at 1-under ----- Tiger's 75 puts him 4 over and 5 off the pace.

I don't think both Furyk and McDowell are gonna go to crap Sunday. Maybe one man will balloon but both, nahh.

Ty will need at least a 67 to bolt into contention and I really don't think that will happen - Woody will be lucky to finish close to par as yesterday's perfect conditions should have seen Woods score well, not spin a 75, only 5 men shot worse than Tiger yesterday.

My guess on Tiger today? He'll either totally blow up (to a 77 to 79) and finish bottom of field or he'll summon up his dwindling reservoir of courage and grit and grind out a mediocre 72 or 73 which will leave him in the middle of the pack.

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Or he reaches back in time to 1998 & shoots a 63... Okay, just funnin'!! :)

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

Tiger is on his way to an opening nine of 40 (maybe more)..... I wouldn't be surprised if he walks off the course somewhere in the back 9 - he's really becoming the tour laughing stock!

Of course, if he walks off a major, he'll damage his near billion dollar empire, so I suspect he'll let today run it course, make some plausible excuses for his poor play and fire his f'n instructor!!!

4. Christoph

Christoph Member

So does anyone still think he'll catch Jack Nicklaus?

5. Bronko

Bronko Member

OK, Ty might be a hacker and Jim Rome calls Lefty Nickleson 'Hefty' but the alternative question to 'Will Tiger Get to 18?' is will anyone else get to 14? .....

Tiger has lost a ton of game in the last 3 years, his marital woes and constant trips to Skanktown have diminished him as a man. Add to that the loss of his father, his joints starting to wear out and you've got a recipe that spells JOURNEYMAN.....

I can see Tiger getting one more major (probably a Masters, perhaps in the next 2 or 3 years) but his chances of getting 4 majors are about the same as me replacing Doug Brown at DT. . .... (only if DT stands for DONE TIGER)

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Nah, too inconsistent. His best days are way behind him now.... Nicklaus was class all the way. On & off the fairway & greens. Tiger not so much. Besides, Jack never let his personal life get in the way as he was all business.

7. Bronko

Bronko Member

The Golden Bear (Nicklaus) took his 18 major titles over a 28 year pro playing period (1959 to 1987).....

Ben Hogan collected 9 titles (should have been 10 but in 1955 a journeyman named Jack Fleck took a magic potion and caught Hogan on the back 9 and beat him in a playoff)....Hogan's 9 titles came from 1949 to 1956, a period of only 7 years - - - - Hogan played further into the tour after 1958 but was only marginally competitive, injuries from a near fatal 1949 auto accident taking their toll.

Hogan's total career as a PGA playing pro was well over 20 years.

Arnold Palmer won 7 majors, but all in the short period of 1958 to 1966, about the same as Hogan. After Arnie won his last major, he continued to be a tour attraction (Arnie's Army) but seldom competed for top spots.

Nicklaus not only won 18 majors, he did it over a period of nearly 27 years, and still continued to win both tournaments and senior events well after his last major victory in 1986 (at age 46).....

btw - Hogan deserves a couple asterisks as well. Not only his brain farts vs. the inferior man, Jack Fleck in 1955 but he accomplished his 9 majors by basically playing only 3/4 of the majors. . . . he only played The Open (British Open) once in his distinguished career and he actually won the thing. Imagine how many majors Hogan would have captured if he had regularly played THE OPEN and not muffed himself vs. Fleck in '55 (probably 12 to 15 I'd venture to say)

Tiger's records are amazing, to be sure. He started in 1997 (aged 21) and won 14 in 11 years (1997 to 2008) but there are now huge doubts his game is solid enough to support another major W, let alone the 4 required to tie Jack.