Time of Possession

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Rids, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Rids

Rids Member

Had a look at the time of possession around the league so far. It's an interesting review here so far.

Calgary is an up and down team for sure with totals of 32:36, 24:02 and 36:18 (can you tell which games they won?)

Edmonton and Toronto are the only teams that have won with a total of less than 30 minutes (29:58 and 27:33 respectively).

Hamilton and Saskatchewan are the only teams with over 30 minutes of possession in each game so far.

Sask is the leader (33:12 per game) by nearly a minute and a half more time of possession than Hamilton in second spot with 31:33.

Cleaned up my error. Hamilton is in second and BC is third

Tags:
  2. Rids

Rids Member

Followed that up with plays from scrimmage.

Using only the pass and run plays Saskatchewan is the leader again at 54.67 per game.

The rest of the league looks like this:

Toronto - 53.00
    BC - 52.33
    Calgary/Hamilton - 50.33
    Winnipeg - 49.33
    Edmonton - 48.67
    Montreal - 48.00

3. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Time of possession is such a telling stat, it's a surprise to see the Edmonton and Toronto wins.

Were they last minute squeakers? Won by special teams points or points from turnovers?

4. ArgoCister

ArgoCister Member

Toronto did win their game in the last minute ..... As Fantuz couldn't catch the winning pass.... And Edmonton ... I watched that game in the pouring rain... Ticats were always coming from behind from what I recall.