Time to Bring in Another QB?

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Seeker1, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

Half of the CFL season is gone. Bo Levi Mitchell remains in limbo. No word on when he will be able to return to the football wars, but Coach Dickinson says Bo is close. I believe Coach Dickinson stated Bo was close before returning him to the six game IR.

Is it time to bring a NFL cut, a QB to Calgary just in case Bo needs another 5-6 games on the IR?

Tags:
  2. AllSportsCalgary

In the very least, it is probably time to start giving some in-game snaps to Montell

3. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

If they have to bring in someone else at this point and coach them up from scratch, the season is a "write-off" anyway.

Better to stick with the status quo and trust that BLM will get back before it's too late.

TM

4. Addicted

Addicted Member

Well it looks like we may not be waiting as long as some anticipated. BLM has been re-activated off of the 6 game and took first reps at practise today. Says he’s ready to start against Edmonton....now it’s just up to Dickie. Looks good and feels good is the report.

Great news for the Stamps!

Tundra Mustang and strujas like this.
  5. mewata fan

mewata fan Member

Im surprised to hear you say season is a write off anyway, very disappoined from a Moderator..
    BLM is a risk and in fact a detriment rest of the season He wont be back next year . What happens when hes pulled? Arbuckle, just OK but wont bring them into playoffs or beyond. Alternative as I have been saying Toronto QB, well seasoned, Singleton comes back traid bait, keep Greenwood for the season.
    End of it all. eat my words or others will

6. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

34-35 year old Greenwood kept rather than a 26 year old All-star??? I don't think so! Keep Singleton, trade Greenwood back to Toronto.
    Very dubious thinking.:eek:

Addicted and Tundra Mustang like this.
  7. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Did you even READ my reply?

If so, did you see the word "If" as the first word in my post?

I didn't say the season is a "write-off anyway".

What I did say is that "if" BLM can't come back, and you have to bring in someone new (and coach them up from scratch), the season is a write-off, anyway.

For me, doing that means the Stampeders have basically "thrown in the towel" on the season.

That's a far cry from any declaration from "a Moderator" that "the season is a write-off, anyway". ;)

Got it now?

I also said rather than replacing BLM with an unknown in Calgary's system, better to wait it out and see if Bo can get back.

I clearly prefer him as an option at QB more than you do, given your declaration that BLM is a "detriment (for the) rest of the season" and "won't be back next year".

Where the hell does that come from?

Have you got a crystal ball the rest of us can borrow? :p

And as for Singleton, I fully agree with Seeker on this one.

You get lucky enough to get him back, you keep him.

For as long as you can.

TM

Addicted likes this.
  8. AllSportsCalgary

Ummmm so no one, even moderators, can't have a contrary position? And He wasn't saying the season is currently a write off, but that if we have to bring a new QB into the system at this point, THEN the season is a write off.

As a total aside, why do a given team's fans scoff at trades for their players, but then suggest that for a bottle of scotch and a bag of Oreo cookies other teams would give up their talent? Why would Toronto trade their potential star/future to Calgary at all?

Tundra Mustang likes this.
  9. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks for this.

You raised a very good point which I had completely skipped over in my haste to correct mewata fan's mistaken impression that I was "writing off" the Stampeders' season.

Obvious trolling aside, it's a good reminder that everyone's opinion is welcome here.

Even if it expresses a viewpoint which is not shared by everyone who posts or reads this site.

We don't want to create a "hive mentality" here by excoriating or summarily banishing the views of anyone who fails to agree with the majority view.

While we can't guarantee that the views of anyone who expresses them on this site will go unchallenged (and in fact those views may well be under attack by a majority of other members here who may happen to disagree with a particular perspective), we can guarantee that the debate will be a respectful one.

And no one needs to hang their head, nor will anyone be at risk of banishment for anything said here if it is advanced in a respectful way.

Even if it is not a popular view...;)

TM

10. Bronko

Bronko Member

The fact I'm still posting (supposedly) on this fine site should tell anyone within earshot that stampsfans welcomes all points of view, so long as they are expressed without malice & fake outrage (aka Trump).

Tundra Mustang likes this.
  11. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Yup, Bronks, you're a veritable poster child for demonstrating how this site will tolerate almost any viewpoint...:p

:D

TM

Bronko likes this.