titans qb

Discussion in 'American Football Talk' started by Flash, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Flash

Flash Member

Thoughts on the Titans going with the Locker boy instead of Hasselbeck??????

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

If Locker can play then why not? Hasselbeck has a lot of mileage on him & his best days are behind him. Kind of like the situation in Calgary. Glenn backing up Tate & there to bailout if he falters. Of course, the Stamps didn't actually expect Glenn to start...

3. Flash

Flash Member

Hasselbeck had his third best stats season last year even with a shoulder injury and playing on a run first team. Locker was 2-9 passing last pre-season game. 21 FREAKING yards. Yes I'm sure he's ready for New England week 1.

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

The coaches think he is. They get paid to make those decisions. Hasselbeck will be a great mentor for Locker & be able to come in & bail him out if he needs help. Oh wait...

5. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

we need our expert from tennessee. Oh wait... ;)

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Speaking of FORMER Tennessee Titans qbs, Vince Young got cut in Buffalo. Think he could make his way to the CFL? he still has the skill set to play up here, I believe.

7. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

dave naylor didn't mention him but Justin Medlock has been named the new Panthers kicker. Thigpen also looking good in Miami.

8. Rids

Rids Member

I think Vince may just retire from football and concentrate on his other businesses. The guy owns a record label and a couple steakhouses in Texas.

He was looking forward to being a support guy for Fitzpatrick and could be a quality coach. He's taken a bad rap for some decisions in the past but he's a different guy now, away from the hanger-ons that troubled him in Nashville and got married.

If he does take another NFL spot look for him to be a support back up for a young QB (Washington?).

9. Flash

Flash Member

Another stupid thing the Titans have done is schedule a pre-season game the same night as Vandy is playing their season opener. Idiotic with the 2 stadiums about 10 miles apart.

10. Flash

Flash Member

This is why not.

If this article somehow convinces you that Locker is NFL Starting QB ready this I'll eat my shorts - http://nfltitans.wordpress.com/2012/08/ ... on-finale/

11. Flash

Flash Member

Oh and Middle Tennessee State had a home game tonight too. But I think only family and friends were there to see them lose to McNeese State.