Top 3 Country Music Singers (Female)

Discussion in 'SF Lounge' started by Bronko, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

From the hick from boot lick, manitoba....

1. Kelly Pickler (not as technically strong as Carrie Underwood but far greater emotional connection to her audience)

2. Underwood - Marilyn Monroe looks and tremendous technical abilities, a bit distant sounding, probably better in person.

3. That tremendous 40 year old from Sugarland - easily the most expressive, even more country roots sound than either Pickler or Underwood.

Hon. mention - Sara Evans, trads like Reba, Faith Hill.

I am not a Lee Ann Rimes or Smiley Virus fan.

Hon. mention -

Tags:
  2. Flash

Flash Member

Kellie Pickler is a pretty good pick. Jennifer Nettles from Sugarland won't make a top ten list let alone a top three. So after Queen Carrie who is light years ahead of the pack when it comes to ticket/album sales. Next for current top three would be Miranda Lambert and her CMA Female Vocalist of the Year award. Number three is the point of contention. A mix of what have you done lately vs track record. Track record it would have to be one of Reba, Martina McBride or Faith Hill. Lately I would expect it would come down to Ms. Pickler (her hubby is a good songwriter which will only help the future) or Kimberly Perry or one of the one hit wonders Sarah Darling, Jana Kramer.

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

Glad to see other Canadians like Flash concurring with K Pickler. From the first time she appeared as a nervous contestant with far-out stories on American Idle she was one of my favourites - EVER. (I'm not a huge Country Fan but I did work in country radio for a few years, met some dandy folks like Charley Pride, Tom T. Hall, Lacey J Dalton, etc.)
    Pickler was such a hokey talker, you had to believe in her. Unfortunately, the year she surfaced on Idol was the same year Underwood stole all the marbles - cuz technically you can't find anybody bettter than Carrie and as far as looks go she blows out the older Gorgeous Girls like Shania Twain & Faith Hill. I'd put her on an even keel with the younger (than Twain, Hill) Sara Evans who's a stunner.

Good for you to include Martina McBride - one of my faves of all-time!

4. Flash

Flash Member

Sara Evans comes across like an airhead sometimes. Looks only carry so far.

5. Rids

Rids Member