TSN retains exclusive CFL rights

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Madman, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Tags:
  2. Bronko

Bronko Member

I've actually been totally impressed at how Sportsnet has gone about covering provincial curling this year. A real eye-popper!!!

We know what CBC could do. Grey Cup game, major playoff matches and feature post-labour day games.

No question TSN hasn't screwed up. They do all the games, rarely have technical or film issues and provide tons of panel and pre game rap with decent (albeit some gone stale) personalities.

TSN's major flaw is in its B-team broadcasts where the 'Silly Man' Rod Black continues to draw a ton of assignments as the B-play by play guy. Rod's performance borders on abysmally unacceptable. To think the CFL was happy with it really means that Rod has attained 'insider status' and is now fully ensconced in 'THE CLUB'.

I would have liked to see what CBC & Sportsnet could have done with say - 10 games for CBC, 12 to 14 matches for Sportsnet. Try it on a two year experimental basis. NO harm, no foul.....

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

They better get more money from TSN. If it's status quo then Mark Cohon is a fool.

4. Rids

Rids Member

This is bittersweet. While having the games on TSN works best for the North American market I thought that maybe having Rogers pick up some could create some new interest.

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I don't know whether to be happy about this or not. TSN has the worst football broadcaster on the planet doing games in Rod Black. That is not a good thing. The play by play & commentators in the booth are extremely weak while the in studio panel is great. Can't help but think that Dunigan & Schultz should be in the booth & not in the studio.

6. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Dunigan for sure as we've seen him do a few games. Schultz not so much.

7. Bronko

Bronko Member

I'd like to see Schultzie tested as a color man.

Keeping tsn is fine. Not doing anything about the Rod Black problem - UNACCEPTABLE!

8. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I think Schultz is best suited in the panel. he talks well for the short time he has but i don't know if he'd sound so good during an entire game. just remember that rod black is not a color man. football purists may not like him but non-football folk like myself find him acceptable enough. does that mean we're right? no. but we don't really know any better.

9. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Then deuvl, trust us when we say he is terrible.