Up coming civic election

Discussion in 'SF Lounge' started by redwhite2005, Sep 24, 2013.

1. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Ok my friends in the Stamps forums I need to post this to insure you understand the dynamics that are in place at city hall. First the council we had we all know has under performed and taxed the crap out of us. I try hard to see one good thing they have done in this city to really make me want to vote for any of them. I have a history of what goes on at City Hall I worked there for many many years. And I have to tell you this was the worst city council ever to be in the blue play pen. Let me start with smiley you know the guy the media is pushing for that states he is the most popular mayor in Canada! We all know that polls are for fools and do not buy into this propaganda. Nenshi has two sides the smiley nice guy image but the other side is a tyrant dictator who says the will do things then does the opposite at twice the cost. When he said he was going to fix what was wrong at city hall did he do it? Did you know that payroll costs are now three times higher then when he was in office. This is due to his changes in the management areas. Managers it seems gets paid according to how many engineers are under them! So if a manger wants to get top rate heck higher an engineer and hide him somewhere in the office doing clerical work. Heck even they can make coffee. Then there was the occupy group you remember them the people that filled the plaza with garbage. Did you know our mayor taught some of these mental cases and know of them from MRU. Now you know why he sat while the crapped all over the plaza. Forget the Peace Bridge it was paid by the federal government and is just a way to distract people from wrong doings. Yes it was screwed up but thats not forget many alderman responsible for the screw ups were voted back in. People thought highly of smiley because heck he was up front and center directing the flood right! Well folks again do not be fooled as anyone in that position would have done the same and it gave him the opportunity to build up his character for the up coming election. Taxes he stated if he was elected he would hold down taxes! Well that is a lie is it not. A record 32 per cent raise in taxes occurred while he was on council. the highest tax increases are you ready in the country and also the highest ever in Calgarys history. So what many of the followers of our mayor will say! So what think he took the first year of rebates from the province of $42 million then this year they took $52 million even after they had the farce of debating what they would not do. So folks that is a whopping $94 million that is over an above what they requested in their budgets. And remember this is added onto your property tax for ever it is not a one year tax grab it stays on your property tax. Our mayor even attacked a couple of scribes for daring to take on his purpleness. This guy feel he has this election in the bag. Seriously his ego tells him he is untouchable and he will dictate his way through another 4 years of high taxes and incompetence at city hall. Again this is the man that thinks Druh Farrell is a great alderman. Seriously you would vote for a guy with these issues. Well there are 8 candidates for mayor the only one I can see voting for right now is Jon Lord he was a very good fiscal alderman. So I ask that you think wisely when voting this year. Is this what you want. You want your money wasted on their personal agendas! Or do you want some one new that we can hope take us out of the large out of control spending that is happening in every city department. Do not vote these people back in unless you want more of the same.

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

In Montreal we are having a key municipal election as well in 6 weeks.

3. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Yes and that will be a doozie with so many of them that are linked to bribes and criminal activity who the heck would you pick or trust?

4. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

It's pretty much between a very old more pro-separatist Cote and a young federalist Coderre who is actually choosing not to post any election signs for his party and then a crazy coot in Bergeron.

5. Rids

Rids Member

So in Calgary are there any serious contenders to go up against Nenshi?

6. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Well had an interesting chat with Jon Lord a guy who has a chance of beating his purpleness! It was interesting as I filled him in on what has occurred at city hall sense his arrogance took office. And he was some what shocked but not surprised.