Vanier cup 2014

Discussion in 'Calgary Dinos and CIS Talk' started by deuvl, Nov 19, 2014.

1. ArgoCister

ArgoCister Member

Yea thats been changed ..... to 320,000 up from 2013 .
    I am confused on this change ..... but apparently in Quebec they had another 300,000-350,000 or so watching as well

2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Wonder where they'll have it next year. Surely not in jaymanville.

3. Jayman

Jayman Member

C'mon, an under utilized facility, on campus, probability of a "home" team, venue teatering on insolvency, fine Winnipeg early December weather, The WAD lobbying, AND a chance for Nate to attend………..its a natural.

deuvl likes this.
  4. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I gotta reserve my plane ticket next week. It's actually a bit more expensive to come down on Sunday but with one night hotel saved should come out even.

5. Jayman

Jayman Member

In appreciation of a few recent "likes", let me help you out on travel plans. Greyhound, with just two transfers and 23 more hours of travel time, will save you at least 42 bucks!! Just imagine the contacts you might make riding the silver bullet west.

I'm kidding.

6. Rids

Rids Member

Do they have MegaBus up there yet?

7. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

You kid but in 2007 I drove up there from Montreal to see the Als lose 32-23. It took 2 days and 23 hours as you said. On the way back near the Terry Fox statue I pick up this guy that looked like a girl from his long hair. A real redskin from the pacific coast claimed his name was Colin Roberts and wrote all the songs for Metallica, Megadeth.etc. He was actually pretty good company and drove him to Ottawa. We spent one night in separate rooms in Wawa and he thanked me for not ditching him there as it seems no one picks up hitchhikers there.

So it was really coming back east that I found the most interesting nutbar. Guy was a stitch.

8. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

And of course I got bullied out of my seat by a drunk fan in the 4th quarter. You can't say you have savoured the Winnipeg experience without going through that there. Can't wait til next year.