Vanier TV Ratings Down 64%

Discussion in 'Calgary Dinos and CIS Talk' started by Rids, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Rids

Rids Member

The 2012 Vanier Cup was watched by 911,000 viewers with over 3 million tuning in for a portion of the game.

The 2013 Vanier Cup was down to 301,000 viewers. Ouch.

http://jimmullinnow.blogspot.ca/2013/12/vanier-cup-tv-ratings-down-64-per-cent.html

2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Yep, could have called this, (and most did), from miles away.

3. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

and yet this year's final was way more exciting. double ouch. but as far as i know they won't return to vancouver in 2014. at least i hope not now cuz i reserved my plane ticket for saturday as opposed to friday in 2011.

4. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Well the real problem was finding what station it was on! Little advertising was done for the game and to be honest this pissed me off. I went to the Dino football site nothing about where you could view it. Or just maybe I did not find it as it was not there or it was something you really had to look for. Checking the media nothing. I would blame the CIS for very little info. The real reason for less viewer ship is not easy to see. You can not watch something you can not find!

5. ArgoCister

ArgoCister Member

Yet when you hear some from QC talk, it had much more advertising and promotion this year.

I think the CIS allows whoever is managing the Vanier to keep it local. So the previous year , in TO with the Grey Cup , people in Ont. felt it was well advertised, yet those in Quebec City felt otherwise. This past year, Laval managed the game. So the game becomes locally managed and marketed. ...... Sounds very Canadiana ..... Perhaps like a Grey in Regina?

Next year is the 50th for the Vanier.... It would be nice if it was nationally promoted, but..... They have placed it on the same weekend as the Grey Cup ( they could have had it the week before) and it probably won't be in Vancouver as Sportsnet/Rogers have the rights to the Vanier and TSN has the Grey ..... And never the twain shall meet. ......piss on politics with sports broadcasting :(

6. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Most likely a return to Laval. Tim Horton's field could be an option.