Walk the Wire

Discussion in 'SF Lounge' started by Rids, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Rids

Rids Member

So this guy is walking over Niagara Falls. Insane! He's got cameras attached to his balance pole that he is carrying supplying some neat angles. Amazing to see! I heard that both governments were forcing him to carry both passports on this walk. Because of course he'd have something to declare coming into the country...

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

He had a harness on & I assume he didn't die.

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

The pre-game yap was more interesting than the actual walk. Especially cuz the guy was tethered to the line and if he had slipped he would have gone upside down and been rescued - not falling into the Falls.

Hannah Storm anchored ABC's coverage and they took great umbrage to seldom mention that Nick Wallenda was fully protected and safe during his dull 15 minute walk. By the way the cable he walked along was slightly wider than the width of 3 pennies.

That said, there's few people on this green earth that could have pulled off what Wallenda did.

I was more pizzmoed off that TSN decided to show a crappy euro-soccer game on TSN1, putting the Edmonton/Calgary exhibition on TSN2, which I don't get! Shoulda been the other way around!!!

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Don't cheap out on cable, Nate!