Wally Chides Winnipeg Management

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Can't find a link but Wally Buono, elder statesman of the CFL has evidently laced into bomber management about the execution of Paul LaPolice.

Anyone have a link?

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

just go on tsn.ca/cfl and find the video called 'It's not the coach'.

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

Here's the link to wally's chat with TSN

4. Bronko

Bronko Member

Here's the latest Nasty Nate conspiracy theory.

Wally puts out a missive deriding Bomber management for dumping Plop and elevating Bubu

Wally then shares a giant pastrami sammich in Vcvr with Dave Braley and tells Uncle Dave that Scott Milanovich is incompetent, wrong hire for Braley's other team.

Wally then suggests the Argos go to Paul LaPolice if they want any chance of going to the big show.

Braley gives him the OK sign but says he has to run it by the bomber bored of directors (OK, I made the last part up)

But a possible scenario, no?

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

He also said that if he brings in Solly Eliminian he is concerned Adam Bighill will be looking over his shoulder which would be unfair. I say fine then release him & let the Stamps sign him.

6. Bronko

Bronko Member

I didn't read it that way. Wally is very careful to not offend either BIghill or Solly.... but he'll find space for both ---- if Eliminian is cut outright by Minnesota and not placed on their taxi squad.

I thought Solly Bomb Bombs wanted to play some football - not sit his arse on some high-priced NFL taxi squad? I am surprised, though. Thought he'd be one of the top 5 or 6 players in Vikings camp, guess he's being defeated by the larger/stronger/quicker NFL oline hogs.

7. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

After last night's decision not to go for 3 with a minute and a half left, that scenario became that much more plausible.

8. Bronko

Bronko Member

LBJ (Milanovich) excuse is that his keeker, Squeezy Watters had already gassed a makeable field goal so he just sent out Ricky Robot to snatch the W.

Ricky was already in the midst of a most miserable outing.

LBJ (Little Brown Jug for those who care) just elevated himself to Plop-status for that decision.

The FG would have been about 42 or 43. It would have brought them within 6 (one score game). WIth 1:38 left - the Argos could have short-kicked or boomed it deep, hoping for a quick Joseph 2 & out and leaving Ricardo with approx. 30 to 35 seconds to pull out a miracle.

9. Bronko

Bronko Member

Other than Ray & LBJ the Argos aren't a bad team. Ray's play last nite was pretty close to atrocious. Milo's coaching was a contributing factor. His offense isn't really conducive to a morose dink 'n dunker like RR.