Warren Moon: CFL not option for Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Stamps Rule, May 5, 2013.

1. iso_55

iso_55 Member

He's not an option because as Moon said, he can't throw & his accuracy sucks. I hope he doesn't come up here.

2. Flash

Flash Member

He's not that bad.

3. Christoph

Christoph Member

I would agree with the assessment that he probably wouldn't pan out as a QB here, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't tune in to see what would happen if he ever surfaced up here.

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

It would be Vince Ferragamo Part 2... A total disaster.

5. Flash

Flash Member

Or it could be Doug Flutie Part 2.

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Sure, okay. Whatever floats your boat.

7. Avry

Avry Member

I want to see what he could do in the CFL, he would be a backup with the Als if he did decide to come but spending a few years learning from AC could help his game alot. He's also bigger than some linebackers and has speed to burn, why not tailor the playbook to him? Tebow is a QB that I still think can be a big time gamebreaker again like he was in Denver.

8. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I remember a lot of big, athletic qbs over the years that came up here to the CFL & were duds. They could run & even some could pass but within a year or two they were cycled out of the CFL & were gone. The one guy I remember most was Stampeder qb Terrence Jones. Had all the tools & a gun for an arm but he was not a great nor accurate passer but man could he run. He could look great one game & totally lost the next. He could beat you playing man coverage but as soon a teams played zone against him he got all confused & he'd throw picks or incompletions. Nah, seen plenty of guys like that so don't have to see Tebow here. From what I read about Tebow he played in an offense where his athleticism carried him. His coaches never taught him to read covrages in college so he was & still would be lost in a pro offense especially the CFL exploiting a Canadian defense with an extra man & wider field. Warren Moon is absolutely right about the guy.

9. ArgoCister

ArgoCister Member

Personally I'd rather give Quinlan the chance at backup to AC. ...... But that could be because I'm a CIS and Marauders fan ;)