We're Headin' Home - Prelim. CFL standings

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

10 games to go - now we're in the stretch drive and most teams (except for 2 or 3) are out of pre-season mode:

Here's how I see the conferences finishing up

WEST

BC - 14-4 (they'll take a couple more losses trying to stay alert for their one playoff game, one of those L's should be this weekend in Montreal)

Calgary - 10-8 (still need some polish on the pig, FOrzanai needs to step up to give some underneath support to the Stamps pass game; defense starting to gel, same with average o-line, you can win with an average o-line if it becomes an above average unit)....Little Man Glenn is your QB til hell freezes over!

Edmonton - 9-9 (volatile team run by volatile coach and eccentric GM, lethal combination if players buy in, how many W's can they manufacture with Kerry Kerry as their QB? They'll test anyone in the league before setting down to .500)

Saskatchewan - 7-11 or 8-10 (they just morosely go out game after game doing their business despite Durant's problems and most riderfans calling for the heads of Dyce, Durant, Buddah Hall). If they run Wpg off the field this weekend they're only one game under .500 and the season is still salvageable. They'll still need to punk Wpg next week to really challenge for a playoff spot.

EAST

Montreal - 11-7.....AC's last stand (maybe).....the execution and coaching is better than any team in league (even BC). Thats what will drive slightly inferior personnel (at some spots) over the finish line and probably into a Grey Cup appearance....should look good this weekend vs BC as AC will have a hard-on to school Lulay

Toronto - 8-10 ---- Milanovich & Hammy coach Cortez remind me of two parts of actor John Lithgow, both guys thinking like hind tit. If TO can adjust their offense to Ricky Ray's strengths, they'll win 8 or 9, if not they'll just make the playoffs cuz Wpg is so horrid. They have to protect their backsides from Hammy and from Sask. for the crossover.

Hamilton - 8-10 - ---- on paper SO MANY WEAPONS. Coaching group might even be worse than Winnipeg as Cortez continues to blunder. Hank needs one more spectacular receiver like Carr, Bruce, Jam Richardson, SJ Green, Dressler. Henry can be a two and out machine in between some spectacular series.

Winnipeg - 4-14 - - - no, I'm not kidding! Should be able to manufacture 2 W's down the stretch (against teams taking the night off). If BuBu (Burke) catches fire and players buy in they could finish their 10 pak at 4-6 and get to 6-12, still not good enough for playoffs and bad enough to send a shiv thru the bomber marketing dept. for 2013 ticket sales in the new facility. Must win 1 out of 2 vs. Regina to stay viable. Losing this weekend, puts them on the Mathgod Express (btw, where's Mathgod, or methgod as I used to call him)

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Not bad but I think Edmonton finishes second & the Stamps third. Esks D carries them to the playoffs. Where did the Esks find this Sherritt kid? Rematch of the West Semi Final up in Edmonton.

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

This Sherrit kid is equal parts Dan Kepley, Wayne Harris & Mickey Doyle.

PS. Beyond his obvious physical skills I love his smarts.

Sask was playing Show Williams til Honkeytonk Man (Taman) called in the cavalry (Samoa Lobendahn & Dimebag Fairy)

4. pizmo

pizmo Member

This I would agree with. I believe Peach is the one that told the Esks about Sherritt. 5'9" of dynamite right out of school.