GAME DAY Western Final - Calgary Stampeders vs Edmonton Eskimos - November 23, 2014

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Nov 23, 2014.

?

Who will win the 2014 Western Final?

Poll closed Nov 23, 2014.
  1. Calgary Stampeders

75.0%
  2. Edmonton Eskimos

25.0%
  1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Calgary Stampeders (#1) vs Edmonton Eskimos (#2)
    The 2014 CFL Western Final
    Sunday November 23, 2014

McMahon Stadium, Calgary
    2:30pm MDT
    GET TICKETS

Television: TSN, ESPN3
    Radio: News Talk 770, SiriusXM 167

Depth Chart and Roster
    Game Notes

Depth Chart
    [​IMG]

Preview: West comes down to Battle of Alberta

It’s not the Grey Cup, but you can excuse the Edmonton Eskimos and Calgary Stampeders if that’s what this Sunday feels like.

The Esks and Stamps will play in the Western Final on Nov. 23 at Calgary’s McMahon Stadium, as the Battle of Alberta unfolds for the fourth time in 2014 and the 25th time in playoff history.

Neither team likes each other. Both respect each other. Neither can wait for kick-off.

“They’re ready to go,” Stampeders Head Coach John Hufnagel told Stampeders.com of his players. “They’re excited about the game and the sooner it comes, the better.”
    http://www.cfl.ca/article/preview-west-comes-down-to-battle-of-alberta

Game Preview

The Calgary Stampeders and Edmonton Eskimos bring the Battle of Alberta to the Western Final for the first time in 14 seasons as the top two teams in the CFL clash for the chance to represent the West in the 2014 Grey Cup.

Calgary (15-3) finished first in the West by matching a club record for wins and is hosting the final for the fourth time since 2008. Edmonton (12-6) hosted Saskatchewan last week in the Western Semi-Final and beat the Roughriders 18-10 to advance to this week's game.

This is the first West final meeting between the Alberta teams since 2001, a 34-16 win by Calgary at Commonwealth Stadium.

Calgary has hosted the Western Final 11 times since the CFL adopted a single-game format back in 1972 and the Stamps are 4-7 in those games.

Calgary and Edmonton last met in the post-season back in 2011 in the Western Semi-Final, a 33-10 Eskimos win at home, but the Stamps have a 4-3 advantage in seven most recent playoff meetings dating back to 1996.

Calgary swept the Eskimos during the regular season this year, winning three games.
    http://www.stampeders.com/article/cgy-edm-preview-141123

2. strujas

strujas Member

7 1/2 hours to go....

3. Rids

Rids Member

Sluggish start by both teams.

4. Rids

Rids Member

Calgary goes over the top and it's a 46 yard TD pass and run play.

Calgary 7, Edmonton 0

5. fireguyfire

fireguyfire Member

I was hoping this would be the game they keep the foot on the gas for 4 quarters; maybe the grey cup game?(please?)

6. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Not easy beating a team 4 times in a season but you did it. Koodos. Should be a great game Sunday.

7. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Great game by the Stamps - they let them back in the game somewhat, but still never broke.

Player of the game has to go to Buddy Jackson.

oilpatchhilbily likes this.
  8. Liske

Liske Member

Awesome win by the Stampers!!! In the 3rd quarter I almost stam--peed my pants. But the D shut the door, and they did it.

I made some signs up for the game. Two of them turned out to be very appropos...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course....

[​IMG]

No strip sacks for Lemon today, but he was still a force of nature. I also had no idea BLM would go over 300 yards passing for the first time this year!

If anyone is going to the Grey Cup and wants to use any of these signs feel free to copy them. They are in .PNG files. PM me for originals.

9. fireguyfire

fireguyfire Member

Great to see a pretty much injury free day too!

10. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

I was expecting a closer outcome today. Win or lose next week I thoroughly enjoyed the throttling the Stamps placed on the Esks today. Finally a beatdowm at home. Last year they played their worst game, different team --- different result. At least Garcia should feel better one of the QB's he was rooting for today won.
    Oh by the way Reilly --- this was your day. Your day to go 0-5.

Great last home game.

11. Liske

Liske Member

You're right, we escaped relatively unscathed. However...

Charleston Hughes did not finish the first half, and is extremely doubtful for the Grey Cup.

DeQuinn Evans got hurt during the warm up, his status is unknown right now.

Adam Berger got hurt on that two-Stamp collision. We'll probably know more about him tomorrow.

12. strujas

strujas Member

GREAT TO SEE AND HEAR ALL THOSE STAMPEDER FANS THAT CAME OUT TO THE GAME TO CHEER ON THERE STAMPEDERS!!! GO STAMPS GO!!!

13. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

attendance exceeded Edmonton's by 5,000. what's that mr. Rhodes? I can't hear you from the sound of how awesome Calgary is.

strujas likes this.