What Has Happened to this team?

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Bumpnrun, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Well it appears the Stamps are heading towards their third lose in a row.
    Talk about heading into the playoffs on a bad note.

As far as I am concerned this team has fallen apart down the stretch. Defensively this is worst I have seen the Stamps in a long time. This teams foundation for the past few seasons has been the D and now it is crumbling.
    What they are going through as a team has snowballed and I doubt very much if the team can win another game this year.
    The lustre has truly worn of this team and Hufnagel will have to some major overhauling in the off season.
    Maybe I’m prematurely writing this team off, but I have watched plenty of football in my lifetime and I see a team that is missing something to complete their mission of a third appear in the Grey Cup.

Tags:
    Jason Newlin likes this.
  2. stamps2win

stamps2win Member

they are way to one dimensional need to change up the play calling

Tundra Mustang likes this.
  3. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Well the best part is the Eskimos are eliminated.
    So tough to predict but I would like to see either the Bombers or Lions in the Grey Cup.
    The Bombers are clicking and they haven’t won the cup in so long and it would be good for their fans.

4. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Playin' in the fog you say?

Nothin' new about that when it comes to the Stampeders it seems...:rolleyes:

But when you play like total assholes for game after game you deserve to lose.

And they've deserved their losing fate for at least the last three games.

With that I'll let you conclude about how they've played then...;)

I gotta say 7 days in Huatulco during Grey Cup week at the end of the month is lookin' better and better! ;)

TM

Bumpnrun likes this.
  5. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

Exactly! The Stampeders have played like *$#& for awhile;they got exactly what they deserved. Yes their injury list is atrocious, but I wonder how many Stampeder players believed that all they had to do was show up and they would win?

6. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Yeah Tundra I do say that the vacation is looking real good. I give the Stamps maybe a 10% chance of being in the GC this year. It took a long time, but it is apparently clear that this team is finally on a downturn. Hey you can only be so good for so long and sooner or later things just catch up.
    The best thing I can just say it is not our year, move forward and work to being better next season.
    Besides as you have pointed out TM does this team really deserve to be in the conversation as a contender this time around?

7. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

They actually should be on a four game losing streak and in reality the only reason they have a playoff spot was the team had such a strong first half of the season.

8. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the site, s2w!

Sorry that your inaugural post here had to be made during such a down note in the Stampeders' season...:(

Let's hope for better things to come.

If not this season, then certainly next year...;)

TM