Who you got? MLB All Star Game

Discussion in 'More Sports' started by Rids, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Rids

Rids Member

Which league?

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Lookin' like National again....and baseball will never die.

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I posted AL & I haven't checked the score although the game should be over by now. I have always liked the AL with the Yankeed, Red Sox, Indians & White Sox. I do have a soft spot for the Cincinnatti Reds who I loved in the early 70's. Pete Rose should be in Canton BTW. The guy has suffered enough. Put him in the Hall. Knowing the assholes that run baseball, they'll wait until he dies before they do it. If that happens, I hope Rose's family stays away from any ceremonies to show how badly Pete has been treated by MLBl. But I digress.

4. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I agree about Pete Rose. Since he wore number 14 he should be inducted in 2014 the way Santos was this year. The fact that he's gone in so late makes an example of him to other players. Now you got all the steroid boys on the ballot see how they do in the next voting.

Most bonehead call in all of baseball? Look no further than game 1 of the 1970 world series between the orioles and reds when bernie carbo of the reds slides towards home, never touches the plate, the catcher never tags him. the play is behind the umpire because it was a bunt and he was checking to see if it was in fair territory. Umpire called him out without ever seeing the tag that was never made. He explained later he couldn't see anything but he still had to make a call.

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

That same All Star game... Rose absolutely destroys NL catcher Ray Fosse in a collision at home plate. I mean, he wiped him out. Lowered his shoulder & absolutely wiped him out!!! Didn't matter if it was an all star game or World Series game. There was a reason why Rose was called "Charlie Hustle.".
    Okay, the man bet on baseball when he played & managed. But the guy paid his price. Bart Giammatti put a curse on him in 19freaking89... There are murders out there that have served their sentences & are out on the street. Karla Homolka, ring a bell?
    It seems all MLB wants to keep punishing Pete Rose. Damned shame, if you ask me. He should be in the Baseball HOF based on his performance on the field.
    BTW, the 2 guys who were suspended for the 1963 season because of associating with known gamblers & underworld types & who themselves bet on NFL games, Green Bay Packers running back Paul Hornung & Detroit Lions DT Alex Karras are in the Football Hall Of Fame. And they were welcomed into the Hall with open arms.