Who's the next BIG RETIRE in CFL?

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Obviously Anothony Calvillo comes to mind but after AC what gives?

1. Ricky Ray (I really think this old pro has at least 2, maybe 3 good years left)

2. Kevin Glenn (he's 33 now and looks 37/38) - I suspect Kev will play out the string with Calgary this year but don't know if he wants to keep getting his head and body planted.

3. Cory Boyd - still strong, but can he keep concussion free?

4. Josh Bourke, Geroid Simon, Arland Bruce - Bourke looks great at 32, Simon looks decent at 36 or 37, Bruce is a spot receiver, he's only 33. I suspect Simon has this year, maybe next left before Wally makes the decision for him.

5. Terrence Edwards - a virtual old man in Wpg at 33, not nearly as dominate as previous years.

6. Any others - can't remember too many guys in the 36 to 40 category like Makowski, Stegall, AC, etc.

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

The way AC has started the season leading the league in passing yards he's on his way to securing another starting spot next year.

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

AC should retire before he becomes a parody of himself & the Als have a difficullt decision to make. Retire when this season is over, AC. For your own good.

4. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

speaking of retirees. a big happy birthday to bomber alumni Joe Poplawski and Greg Bearman today.

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Now Poplawski, he was a player... We traded Tom Scott to the Eskis to get that guy & I'd say that was one trade that worked out for both teams very well. Maybe better for Winnipeg (even though he won only 1 GC) as Joe Pops was a Canadian receiver...