Why doesn't Tim Burke resign?

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Guy looks like an un-animated potato on the sidelines. Clearly in over his head. Should resign and take over Creehan's d-coordinator position, allowing Marcel to take over the squad. Of course he won't cuz its in his best interest to keep performing/coaching poorly and allow Wad Miller to fire him outright, thus collecting a big payoff for failure.
    Thats the way its done in the good ol boys club CFL.
    Burke will get fired this week (or should be) and will collect his blood money, then move on in his above average assistants career. Mind you he's 61 or 62 so anyone hiring him would have to look at Timid as a stopgap.

To finish the season here's my nominees for bomber head coach...

1. Marcel B. - especially if Miller has plans for him in 2014
    2. Doug Brown - why not? Nothing to lose at this point and Brown likes money.
    3. Brad Childress - if you want to blow up the program completely, Childress will alienate all the players and most of the coaches.

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Hm? Sorry? I was still stuck on Saraaaaaaaa........

3. Jayman

Jayman Member

Bronks, no can do.
    New digs way over budget, can't even count the Ex Bombers Mgmnt still on the payroll, 5,000 MIA last nites game, no one will even admit that est. 90 buses on OT to keep fans coming to "the end of the road stadium" is costing $175g's per game, all the missed items of the build now showing up, the mini airlift we got going on, etc., etc.......
    The Big Blue have to play it out with what they got. The BoD may be buying boxed wine for upcoming Board meetings, its that bad.

4. Bronko

Bronko Member

Prolly right JayM - however, to be successful you sometimes have to invoke some creativity. If I were Wadzilla I might ask Craig Dickenson and Burke to switch coaching spots for balance of season (6 games). Give Dickenson another $10k and deduct said $10k from Burke. Bombers already running 1 or 2 coaches short, 4 or 5 scouts short and no Assistant GM. Can't fire Timpleton and be 3 coaches down, even for an amateur outfit like Bummers.

5. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I know what you're really thinking bronks : 'Bring back Lapo'. He's in a better place now.

6. Bronko

Bronko Member

Wishful thinkin', yup..... but no matter how much coin they throw at Plop he won't bite..... Bombers would be marginally better under Plop than Mr. Potato Head but 6-12 ain't gonna cut it vs. 3-15 or 4-14 with 2-16 still in play...
    Plop can't make chicken soup out of goat's livers and thats exactly would he'd have with Hallsy Hall, Goltz and Boltus!

7. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

so you weren't the guy in the silver C3PO suit stalking plop at the Comic-con?