Will Landon Talley Claim a Starting Role in 2012?

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Christoph, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Christoph

Christoph Member

Talley Playing For Keeps

[hr]

I like Talley's competitive spirit on that play. It's too bad the stiff winds made it so difficult to see where the QBs and the passing game as a whole are at this stage.

What do you guys think though, is this Talley's year? Is he going to break through and push one of the Stamps veteran receivers aside? He certainly has shown solid chemistry with Tate in the past so he has that on his side. The drop-off in production from Rambo and Bryant definitely don't hurt his cause either. I haven't heard much about Rambo of late (can anyone comment on how he's looked thus far?) but Bryant seems to be impressing.

I definitely think Talley will make a strong push and either take over for one of those two right out of camp or as an injury replacement at some stage in the season. Whenever it happens, given the age of of the two vets in question, I don't see him relinquishing his starting role. I would also guess that if he wins it out of camp it'll likely be a Bryant's expense. If it's a mid-season injury situation, given Rambo's recent history (knock on wood), I'd guess it would be at his expense.

Thoughts?

Tags: