Will we look at Reynolds?

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Rusty, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Rusty

Rusty Member

With the injuries to our RB's yesterday, is there any way we look at bringing Reynolds in and give him another shot? I would love to see him here for 1 more year, or at least for a few games.

Tags:
  2. Liske

Liske Member

I was thinking the same thing. We'll have to wait to see how serious Coker's injury is. We still have Walter, but he's pretty raw.

3. Rusty

Rusty Member

Was he the guy that ran into the end zone and gave up a safety?

4. Liske

Liske Member

Yup. Dumb move. But he looks like he has potential. If Coker's injury is serious, Cornish might end up with a heavy workload. But looking at Reynolds would not be out of the question.

5. Christoph

Christoph Member

I thought they gave him forward progress at the 1. Definitely it was a mistake to backtrack like that, but give him time. He's still used to being able to outrun guys around the edge. In CIS I don't think there were many guys on defense who could hold the edge against him. Up here, the guys are so speedy that you can't just outrun them all the time. You have to be smart. He seems like a bright guy, I'm sure he'll learn from that mistake.

6. Don E. Fresh

Don E. Fresh Member

More likely we pick up another back after teams trim their rosters. Lots of good looking young import RB in CFL camps this year and not enough spots for all of them. Hopefully Coker is not out for more than a few weeks.

7. Rusty

Rusty Member

There was an offside call against the Eskies on the play so he got saved by the flag. Hopefully he does learn and gets the experience he needs.

8. iso_55

iso_55 Member

If we can forgive a rookie qb for making the wrong read or throwing into double coverage for a pick 6 then we can cut Walter a little slack. He was hustling & trying to make a play. I can't fault him for second effort. It didn't work but he'll learn from what happened.

9. Rids

Rids Member

Coker's MRI has come back negative. He'll be out next week and perhaps the opening game but no tears in there.

10. Rusty

Rusty Member

Great news. I think we play3 eastern teams to start the season. I hope he is ready to go when we play the Lions.

11. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

The answer is no.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/cflbuzz/general/c ... -and-cuts/

12. Liske

Liske Member

13. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Man, they are counting on Lobendahn to be there... That doesn't make me feel confident at all.