Post Game Winnin' Ugly

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Tundra Mustang, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

But still winnin'...:D

I thought it was a badly refereed game by a flag-happy crew tonight, but the Stampeders pulled together when it counted, thanks largely to a stellar defensive effort by Calgary.

Bo wasn't on his game tonight, but the team rallied around anyway and came up with the victory on a rain-slicked field in the fourth quarter. Some clutch catches by Rogers, slashing running by Action Jackson, and a great defence led once again by Alex Singleton.

Give Ottawa credit for a strong defensive effort, but the cream of the CFL, your Calgary Stampeders, rose to the top once again! ;)

A 24-14 final score for the good guys! :D

TM

Tags:
    Addicted likes this.
  2. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

2-0 not bad at all. Start strong,finish strong.

3. fireguyfire

fireguyfire Member

You mean 3-0 right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Yup, it sure is 3 and 0, which is a very nice way to settle into a 2 week bye, before they journey to Ottawa to attempt a double-up on the RedBlacks.

Now if only they can find a way to muzzle Burris on the CFL gamenight panel.

He's certainly now become a real homer for Ottawa, (and, in truth, any Calgary opponent) and now uses any opportunity he can find to diss the Stampeders.

Talk about biting the hand that once fed him, and that had provided him with his first home in professional football...:rolleyes:

TM

5. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

My mistake, 3-0. I'm completely out of it .

6. AllSportsCalgary

Well, we are now at 4 - 0. The defense has been unbelievable against the weak East sisters so far, I am looking forward to seeing how they play against the West. The offense has only been as good as they have needed to be (to my eyes anyway), which leaves room for a lot of improvement as the season moves forward.

But the rest of the league doesn't look like they are firing on more than half their offensive cylinders either, so I always find myself wondering if my expectations for the stamps are just too high, because we are so spoiled in the Huff era.

Tundra Mustang likes this.